1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Phillip Rivers

Discussion in 'Carolina Panthers' started by CFBall, Jan 24, 2004.

1. magnus

magnus Chump-proof

anywhere I lay my head I'm gonna call my home
    I don't want to see him fail. Don't think anyone actually does. That's a bit of a cop-out, IMO, suggests that I think what I do because of personal dislike.

I don't. I have no opinion of NC State, I don't favor any ACC team. Don't dislike any ACC team.
    I also know that my analysis of draft prospects doesn't take a back seat to fanship. It's only focused on the player, and his surroundings, not where he went.

As for CFBall, I'm not rebutting anything he says. I responded to the Marino comparisons, and that's where I left him. I know he's been talking about Rivers all year and I appreciate his fanship as well. If he wants to post behind anything anyone says about Rivers and say "well that's your opinion", then he's entitled. But if anyone is going to come after any analysis I make like I'm being hateful or trying to put someone down, they're only showing their fanship to be hurting their logic that much more. I'm not out to get anybody, I'm just stating what I feel. And that's this - local hype doesn't elevate talent.

2. rake

rake Need one of these

hmmm. Intriguing captain

3. magnus

magnus Chump-proof

rake, you of all people should be better than that.
    It's not a matter of being totally logical. It's a matter of being better in analysis than to honestly think that "Rivers = Marino" or "I like State = Rivers is the best player in the draft."
    Or even better, "you disagree with me" = "I must insult you".

4. The_professor

The_professor ★☆☆☆

Every head that covered the State games i watched this year compared him to Marino. i've heard lots of people compare him to marino, it might not be true, but its what i heard...

5. rake

rake Need one of these

Oh come on. Where is your friggin sense of humor. If you stand insulted after a goofy Mr. Spock comparison then you're getting a little thin-skinned.

6. CFBall

CFBall Senior Member

oh i know Spock.........and i have been a NCSU football fan for over 30 years, long before Mr Rivers showed up, Torry holt, mike quick and many before who i had a good feel about their next level abilities with or without the "online experts" reads!

this parade goes rain or shine for Rivers and Cotchery. :sun:

7. rake

rake Need one of these

Yeah, I like your guy Cotchery too. I don't see Rivers being a LOGICAL fit here but I've got a feelin that we just might end up with Cotchery.:D

8. kshead

kshead What's the spread?

Did you drone on mindlessly like Ben Stein for months over them too? Or did you just start that recently for our benefit here at TBR this season?

9. magnus

magnus Chump-proof

Yep. It was, of course, hilarious.
    Meanwhile, you're fucking interrupting the State fans who are trying to insult me for not being a fan of their team.

10. CFBall

CFBall Senior Member

none when you dont agree with his Opinion...........thats ok though because it wouldnt be any fun if we agreed.

i know i am not the only one who has compared him to Marino and a few others.....MR FARVE tooooo

draft Rivers