1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Phillip Rivers

Discussion in 'Carolina Panthers' started by CFBall, Jan 24, 2004.

1. CFBall

CFBall Senior Member

him and Jerrico :vfingers:

2. VOR

VOR OnlyU CanPreventRelection

geez I never realized winning the turnip bowl made you a first rounder. Geez beating K-state makes you first round material? Nah he's a 3rd rounder. Maybe he'll get good enough but not right now.

3. CFBall

CFBall Senior Member

i think we all are well aware of Phillp's projected spot in the draft......point was he moved up today and with more work/combines and such.....maybe, maybe not

GB Packers like him in round 2 and alot of time till the draft. Ohyeah did you see the game today?

4. rake

rake Need one of these

Unfortunately he played himself out of our range today. We just need one of those "game manager" types who can throw a nice occasional deep ball and we ought to be able to find one in the middle rounds somewhere.

5. magnus

magnus Chump-proof

anywhere I lay my head I'm gonna call my home
    It's not that Rivers is a bad player. It's just that I'm tired of hearing about him as if he actually is Marino.
    I can't believe somebody said he was "Marino style". No.
    Drew Bledsoe is Marino style. At best, Rivers is style of Gannon, and that's without taking in talent.

He's also just not the second coming, and we're not required to draft players just because they came from your team.
    Sorry people. I know it's exciting to root for your team. Let's leave it at that and not disparage the "experts" for it.

6. CFBall

CFBall Senior Member

he sure did ................... :wink2:

draft rivers

7. CFBall

CFBall Senior Member

its called wishful thinking..........and again IMO reminds ME of Dan Marino and obiviously you or many others think not. I've followed Marino and Miami before our Panthers came to town, i see alot of similiarities, so you have an opinion as well.

believe.......Rivers has that Marino Style about him!

draft Rivers

8. Reznor

Reznor Sunspots

you mean marino had one of the most fucked up throwing motions known to man? I never knew that about him.

If he's such a good QB, why did Amato take the game out of his hands against OSU? If he's so damn good, I think I'd have called something besides 2 QB sneaks in a row. :D

just pulling your chain man, I hope he succeeds in the NFL, just not here. :D

9. magnus

magnus Chump-proof

anywhere I lay my head I'm gonna call my home
    >>its called wishful thinking....

Hopefully. We have better.

>>and again IMO reminds ME of Dan Marino and obiviously you or many others think not. I've followed Marino and Miami before our Panthers came to town, i see alot of similiarities, so you have an opinion as well.

What reminds you of him? They're both white QBs?
    Marino's largely the exact opposite. Marino had a terribly quick release. Rivers' isn't terribly slow, but it's far from lightning fast, and it's neither compact, nor terribly consistent.
    Marino was a very tall, tough, well built pocket passer. I don't see Rivers staying in the pocket in the NFL, he's not physically large, the common is durability.
    Certainly, I have an opinion. It's largely apathy, he's just another draft prospect. But I also know that he and Marino aren't mildly similar. That has nothing to do with like or dislike.

I'm glad Savio isn't like this.

10. Reznor

Reznor Sunspots

I agree with the Gannon comparison, Rivers would be best suited for that type of offense. If there's any dinking and dunking to be done, Rivers could be your man. Maybe the Raiders will take him with the #2 or 3 pick, whichever it is. :D