1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

PFT at the top of the list...

Discussion in 'Carolina Panthers' started by HAVEPSL, Jul 21, 2006.

1. magnus

magnus Chump-proof

anywhere I lay my head I'm gonna call my home
    They were wrong. They're continuously wrong, all for the sake of being able to say they posted a rumor before someone else posted something truthful. They've got no concern, since their only reason for being is self-promotion, so they have no reason to worry about being right. Being wrong got them tons of publicity in the Young situation, and then they stood there with disdain pretending it was someone else's reason it was wrong.

2. tharan000

tharan000 Full Access Member

So what sites to find yourself getting info from (free is nice)?

3. magnus

magnus Chump-proof

anywhere I lay my head I'm gonna call my home
    honestly? Anymore I wait for y'all to bring it to me, between my two boards.
    Otherwise, I might browse ESPN or CBS, KFFL, Redzone if I'm bored or looking. I did read PFT for a while, but other than during the season reading them picking out a few stories from newspapares I wouldn't normally go to, I haven't been in a while. I generally skip their other content.

4. Fred Smoot's Father

Fred Smoot's Father the future is bright

fixed

5. Wiggin

Wiggin Full Access Member

The problem with PFT is that they can print whatever they want without consequence. While ESPN, CBS, etc., have to fact-check and use reliable sources, PFT can hear something from the janitor and post it as news from "a source within the (pick your favorite organization)." They hear a rumor of a rumor and post it, without any idea, or care, of the legitimacy of the information.

And while all outlets are going to get some things wrong, nobody throws as much shit at the wall as PFT in the hopes that some of it will stick. Then they crow about the few items that they do get right and whine that they were not given proper recognition for "breaking" the story, when in reality everyone else probably already had the info, but the legitimate organizations were checking their facts before recklessly printing it.

Since they have no serious credibility, they have nothing to lose. If they are wrong everyone says “hey, they are just a rumor site anyways,” but if they are right, they can say “see, we break stories just like the big boys, so we’re just as good as them.” However, the ESPN’s of the world have to be much more responsible, they can lose major credibility if they blatantly print something without having a reliable source and doing their due diligence…and that could translate into losing serious $$$ with the loss of readers who no longer trust them (and stop paying for insider), loss of sponsorship, insider info (real sources), etc. All things PFT doesn’t have to worry about.

And all that does not include the pettiness PFT spews. Much of their humor is little more than a thinly veiled and mean spirited attack on an individual or organization. They are so obviously extremely jealous of the big boys, and take every opportunity they can to knock them. Heck, I think they spend as much time on self promotion as reporting “news.” So to go to their site as a lightweight source of info that you take with a grain of salt is fine, but to read them as a real news source is..silly.

6. Black&Blue

Black&Blue NKW

PFT isn't a real news source. They may think so, but they aren't. So they don't have to fact-check, because nobody with a dogshit for brains is going to take their reporting seriously.

7. chipshot

chipshot Full Access Member

It's still funny when someone gets upset becuase you mock their very own special insider source.

8. kshead

kshead What's the spread?

I get the best stuff from Lou Stenson.

9. chipshot

chipshot Full Access Member

Have you read Lou's most recent Haiku inspired by the beauty of mock fantasy drafts?

I cried.

10. meatpile

meatpile 7-9

Lou Stenson is a hack who lives in his Aunt's garage. His nephew types up his reports on an old 286 while Lou masturbates in the cat litter box.

You read it here first. You better fucking credit me with breaking the story, too.