1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

PFT at the top of the list...

Discussion in 'Carolina Panthers' started by HAVEPSL, Jul 21, 2006.

1. Fred Smoot's Father

Fred Smoot's Father the future is bright

It's pure hack. And usually inaccurate.

Thus, it's pure shit.

2. magnus

magnus Chump-proof

anywhere I lay my head I'm gonna call my home
    I'd love it if it was a blog format.

And not 20 ads, ten poor quality jokes, another poor photoshop of Mike Tice's head coming out of a goat's ass, then some news.

But yeah, it's just a guy's site. I think the problem comes when everyone takes him as important as he does.

3. HAVEPSL

HAVEPSL Full Access Member

HOLDOUT FINE INCREASE NEGOTIATED LAST WEEK

A league source tells us that the recent increase in daily fines for players under contract who don't show up for training camp was negotiated last week by the NFL and the NFL Players Association, as part of an ongoing effort to iron out loose ends from the negotiations that supposedly were concluded in March.

The quid pro quo for the increase in the holdout fines was a decision by the NFL to go with lower fines for infractions such as losing the playbook, tardiness at meetings, and being overweight. It's not clear, however, whether those fines will decrease in comparison to their max levels in 2005, or whether the NFL agreed merely to reduce any proposed increases moving forward.

We've also confirmed (as we first reported on Friday and as others used without attribution) that the maximum daily fine for holdouts is $14,000. (We'd recently heard that the new number might be as high as $16,000 -- but that rumor turned out to be wr-wr-wr-wrong.)

It has been pointed out to us that the $14,000 is merely a maximum, and that teams are allowed to go with a lower fine, if they so choose. In our view, however, if a team is sufficiently pissed off about a holdout to impose a fine, the fine imposed will be the maximum. If/when the guy shows up, the ultimate price tag might be lower; until then, the only way to leverage a guy under contract to honor said contract is to hit him with everything that the team has at its disposal.

The two most likely holdouts for 2006 training camps are Pats receiver Deion Branch and Broncos receiver Ashley Lelie. Cowboys defensive end Greg Ellis and Packers cornerback Al Harris recently indicated that, despite unhappiness with their respective situations, they will report for camp.

But beware, Deion and Ashley -- that $14,000 a day becomes $98,000 after one week, and $196,000 after two.

PFT

4. tharan000

tharan000 Full Access Member

What is your definition of "blog format?"

From Wikipedia: "A weblog, which is usually shortened to blog, is a type of website where entries are made (such as in a journal or diary), displayed in a reverse chronological order. Blogs often provide commentary or news on a particular subject, such as food, politics, or local news; some function as more personal online diaries. A typical blog combines text, images, and links to other blogs, web pages, and other media related to its topic. Most blogs are primarily textual although many focus on photographs, videos or audio. The word blog can also be used as a verb, meaning adding an entry to a blog."

Oh wait, Wikipedia isn't MSM so it is pure shit garbage too. Damn, when will I ever learn.

5. tharan000

Flat out wrong.

6. magnus

magnus Chump-proof

You sure do get pissy enough to make tons and tons of assumptions about me. It's a website, and you're getting this angry? You win at the internet. :trophy:

Blog format. Check out Gantt's blog. Check out almost anybody's blog. Compare to PFT, and then go back and actually read what I said about PFT and all the useless clutter.

7. magnus

magnus Chump-proof

So he didn't get Vince Young's Wonderlic score wrong?

8. tharan000

Yeah, he said 6 instead of 7. After some coaching and an unprecedneted retake, Vince got something like a 16 or 17.

So?

Why is the same animosity not held for other media outlets when they print something erroneous?

9. tharan000

I'm not pissy. I enjoy good debate. I agree with you about the sidebar ads, but when you use Firefox you miss out on all the popups. And is ESPN really any better? The damn sound file that launches everytime I go there drives me insane.

10. magnus

magnus Chump-proof

I'd say putting words in my mouth and using words like "mainstream media" say something, specifically.

The popups are annoying. I use firefox at home, so that's not that big a deal, and I generally don't read PFT much anyway anymore. My biggest issue is simply unprofessionalism, but that's why most of us are saying it's "just a rumor site". It's just a football tabloid.