1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

PFT at the top of the list...

Discussion in 'Carolina Panthers' started by HAVEPSL, Jul 21, 2006.

1. chipshot

chipshot Full Access Member

The thing is most of what they report is just a copy of what is being reported elsewhere, which is fine. But the rumor thing is childish. They can say anything and attribute it as a rumor and it doesn't have to be legitimate, just juicy. If I could find their archives I would go through and point out the things I think were BS.

One thing I find funny is how certain people refer to it as "their source"

2. tharan000

tharan000 Full Access Member

So magnus, you are saying they "post someone else's stories." Doesn't CNN do the same thing when they throw up a story from AP?

The issue that would make them garbage would be if they took credit for that story as their own and I have never seen them do that.

*edit*
    It is actually more like a blog than an actual news source. A very accurate blog, relatively speaking.

3. Collin

Collin soap and water

Dude, just because you read a site specifically designed for scum-sucking low lifes who like to gossip about their co-workers and aren't intelligent enough to discern fact from fiction or moral enough to care, isn't a reason for you to bother anyone else with your man-love for PFT. As has already been covered on this site many times when PFT "stories" turned out to be full of shit, PFT is for A) idiots and B) bored people who find their sophomoric humor to be funny. From the Vince Young Wonderlic debacle to any number of other "rumors" they got completely wrong, they've proven that they don't know what they're talking about. Seriously, defending them only makes your own stupidity that much more obvious. PFT sells an empty product to suckers who are dumb enough to buy (in the metaphorical sense) it. That's you, cupcake.

4. CelticCat

CelticCat ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED

Football season has officially begun.:imagestor

5. chipshot

chipshot Full Access Member

:bananalam

6. stratocatter

stratocatter Full Access Member

Time to grease up the ol' scroll wheel.

7. Clay

Clay Full Access Member

Hot damn, welcome back Collin!

8. Fred Smoot's Father

Fred Smoot's Father the future is bright

Though my interaction with the notorious Collin has been sporatic, it's good to have him back....eh, I guess?

9. Clay

Clay Full Access Member

Collin is nothing if not entertaining as hell.

10. tharan000

tharan000 Full Access Member

Yes, welcome back Collin.

I have some man love for you too, sweetypie.

I like asian chicks, you like animals. We will simply have to agree to disagree.

*edit*
    Oh, look what I found on the front page of PFT today:

WE CONTINUE TO GET RIPPED OFF
    On Friday night, we first reported that the NFL had increased holdout fines to $14,000 per day.
    On Sunday, Ron Borges of the Boston Globe reported the same thing without attribution to us or acknowledgement that he wasn't the first to report this factoid.
    On Monday, ESPN.com's Len Pastabelli credited Borges with breaking the news.
    Well, we suppose that if Borges didn't get fired for beating some guy up while on the job and/or Pasquarelli didn't get poop-canned for using agent Hadley Englehard's password to hack into the NFLPA web site, neither will get in any trouble for something so insignificant like ripping off a podunk web site.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2006