1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Pete Rose Trial Special

Discussion in 'MLB - Baseball Forum' started by PantherPaul, Jul 18, 2003.

What should MLB do with Pete Rose

1. Let him in with no apology

10 vote(s)
    45.5%
  2. Let him in so long as he acknowledges he bet on baseball

3 vote(s)
    13.6%
  3. Never let him in

4 vote(s)
    18.2%
  4. Let him in but ban him from ever managing, or participating in baseball again

5 vote(s)
    22.7%
  1. PantherPaul

PantherPaul Nap Enthusiasts

For the record I thought it was a low point for ESPN. I expected alot more out of this. But thats another story. What do you think MLB should do with Pete Rose

2. Coops Greatest Fan

Coops Greatest Fan I just post here

If he's suspended from baseball, then that means he's SUSPENDED FROM BASEBALL!!!!!!!

3. two-six

two-six yes, i carved this

i didn't see the special but i for sure have an opinion. i say, let him, whether he confesses or not. personally, i still don't know whether he did it or not. from all i've seen, who does? so, let him in. baseball is missing one of the greatest players by not doing so. he is a guy that the average joe can relate to.

4. PantherPaul

PantherPaul Nap Enthusiasts

They have a parley card with his finger prints on it and his hand writing on it. He is playing on baseball fans hearts. He is guilty but it has been over 10 years. Bring him into the hall but ban him from ever holding any position in major league baseball

5. RSgal

RSgal Cute pup

He was a great player...one of the greatest in my opinion. He deserves to be in the hall, apology or not.

6. two-six

two-six yes, i carved this

from what i've seen, they have scribbled notes that have his fingerprints on them, but haven't been matched to his handwriting. courts didn't find him guilty, only the commissioner saw it that way. aren't we innocent until proven guilty in a court of law? so i say again, let him in. why should he apologize for something he hasn't been proved to have done.

7. Randomsoleil

Randomsoleil Junior Member

When you grow up watching a man like pete play it was a feat. I mean they didnt call him charlie hustle for nothing. What he did hurt but he was a player and had accomplished everything before this incident anyway. SO he cant be a manager or what not he was the people player. LET HIM IN!!!!! LET HIM IN!!!!!!!

8. uncc86

uncc86 Full Access Member

I didn't watch the thing on ESPN.........as far as I'm concerned, I've been down the road of this argument since he was banned by Giamatti.

Bottom line is this........he was by NO MEANS even one of the top 20 outfielders or infielders (in case you forgot, he played 2B, RF, LF, 3B & 1B) to ever play the game.

He was one of those rare players who ALWAYS did everything (on the field) as hard as he could.

Also, while we can rationalize that the career HR will fall, I challenge anyone to prove to me that someone, in today's game, will average 200 hits a season for a 20 year career.

Off the field........I have no defense for him and won't try. His moral character was always suspect (even before he went to the Phillies). He simply associated with some idiots. But one thing I've always found interesting is while these associates of Rose were people of very questionable moral standing.........the evidence (from these people) was always taken 100% ABSOLUTE PROOF POSITIVE by baseball and much of the general public.

While maybe it wasn't gambling, Ruth, Cobb, even Joe D were by no means choirboys when they were not playing.

I guess what I'm saying is.............he belongs in the Hall.

9. Franchise

Franchise Turn it Blue

can anyone say "beating a dead horse" Im tired of hearing about this shit. Let him in.

10. metro

metro Charlotte49erfootballfan

the special was like watching Judge Judy......freakin horrible.

I agree with you Paul, he is to hold no baseball jobs, but he belongs in the Hall. which btw, if you have never been, it is very cool, you can feel alot of spirits in there. it's semi creepy.