1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Peppers

Discussion in 'Carolina Panthers' started by meatpile, Jan 18, 2009.

1. Elric

Elric Citizen of the Empire

Let's look at this way.

1. Deal off Peppers for draft picks.
    2. Let Gross walk and free up cap space.

#1 to me at this point seems a no brainer since there should be no way the Panthers should let him go with no compensation (unless no one wants to give up the picks for him). And as far as #2 I think all of us have debated whether we think Gross is a good LT, so the question is if we can't decide if he's a good LT are we ready to pay him like he's an elite LT?

What could we look at as far as FA's or rooks to attempt to fill the holes?

2. magnus

magnus Chump-proof

anywhere I lay my head I'm gonna call my home
    theoretically you could make the equation very simple and re-sign hangartner for LG and put Wharton back at LT. I don't want to do that, though.

if we choose not to re-sign Gross, I'm fine with that. I'm also fine with the inevitability of signing him at market, which will be very high.

3. buck nasty

buck nasty Full Access Member

he probably wants to play in san fran where he can be an all pro scrotum licker too.

4. y2b

y2b King of QC

I have a question... How many plays have the Panthers lined up in a 3-4 with Peppers in the game and what are his stats for those plays?

5. DoWork

DoWork .

Do you think the panthers would trade him to the Cowboys? I hope not. I'm guessing to a AFC team. Good luck in Cleveland with that super bowl run. How can the Cowboys afford all these superstars, and we can't Keep Peppers and gross?

6. gridfaniker

gridfaniker Loathsome

I

Hear

Peppers

7. Thelt

Thelt Full Access Member

The idea the Peppers wants out because Jake sucks is pretty stupid.

8. DoWork

DoWork .

Agreed, but maybe the idea is he wants out because every time Carolina has a chance to Win a big game that is a "sure" thing they choke (weather peppers is to blame for some of those games is debatable)

9. Malapoo

Malapoo Full Access Member

There have been a few games when I've just tried to focus on Peppers last year and he wasn't invisible. When running backs get free, he's been either in on the tackle or right there as the guy is brought down even across the field. Sacks and interceptions are the glamorous plays on defense, but just because he doesn't get a lot doesn't mean he is standing around drinking coffee. I feel we have frequently misused him.

If I had a chance to go to a better run business at same pay, I'd be gone. Can't blame Pep. I think despite his quiet, he is someone who cares DEEPLY about being the best he can be. I think he COULD achieve that here given the chance, but obviously he doesn't. And since he's on the inside, I have to respect his views of how he'd be used here in the future.

It makes me very sad - as much as any player loss we've had, but I can't fault him.

10. Majordobie

Majordobie Full Access Member

Well, not really, bud. Lots of "stars" have left teams because they didn't think the "leader" could take them to a championship. Terrell Owens/Jeff Garcia in San Francisco comes to mind, and there a lots of others. Not just the NFL, either.