1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Peppers

Discussion in 'Carolina Panthers' started by meatpile, Jan 18, 2009.

1. chipshotx

chipshotx Full Access Member

Becuase it's his job and he gets millions of dollars to do it. That shit doesn't fly anywhere else, why would it on a football team?

Last edited: Jan 19, 2009
  2. Thelt

Thelt Full Access Member

Cause that same QB led a drive for the game winning field goal against the Saints in the game before that. That same QB had to bail out the defense, led my Mr. Peppers, because it could not hold a big lead against a team that was not going to the playoffs.... That same QB got the team in position for a game winning field goal against the Giants the week before that when the defense could not hold the lead and made Derek Ward look like Barry Sanders. That same QB lead come back drives against several other teams that same year that made the difference between making the playoffs and staying home. It is a team game and you do not quit because your teammate is having a bad game.

3. Trashman1962

Trashman1962 Full Access Member

:clap:

4. magnus

magnus Chump-proof

anywhere I lay my head I'm gonna call my home
    it's a team sport. You want all your guys on the same side, working for the same goal. Certainly, the defense has bailed the offense out many times, especially in our more conservative days. We certainly put up enough points that a better defense, like the 02-05 defenses excepting 04, would've beaten people to death with such a lead.

5. Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot The Voice of Reason

Seriously though, if just something like that is enough to make you pack up your things and go home, maybe professional sports aren't right for you.

The more I read from Peppers, the more I think of Ricky Williams. That's not to say that I think he's a druggie, but I do think he's one of those "different" personalities. Some will say he's "deep", others will just say "backward".

(I'd probably tend toward the second choice)

6. chipshotx

Have you not once in your life left a job for a better one?

7. Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot The Voice of Reason

I have, but I don't buy for a minute that it's that simple with Peppers.

When you're making millions of dollars playing a game, tanking a season in part because your boss asks you to step up and lead doesn't exactly speak of a typical personality.

8. chipshotx

It's all speculation at this point. It makes some sense but it's just speculation based on reports from writers who pretended for over a year that they didn't know what they now say they knew. None of us know the real deal.

9. Majordobie

Majordobie Full Access Member

Although I doubt it will happen...if for some odd reason we don't tag Peppers or Gross, which other player would be the probable recipient?

I still think Pep is going to get the tag, regardless of his statements of wanting out.

10. presidence99

presidence99 es lo que hay.

Jason Kyle