1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Peppers

Discussion in 'Carolina Panthers' started by meatpile, Sep 18, 2008.

1. meatpile

meatpile 7-9

I hate to say it - not seeing the product that was so heavily hyped in the pre-season.

If the season ended today - which i know it doesn't - I'd keep Gross over peppers, maybe try to draft a nice pass rusher ( oops we have no first rounder. )

Anyway - disappointing.

2. y2b

y2b King of QC

have we played with a lead long enough to pin the ears back yet?

besides, our defense is awesome this year... it's not about individuals, he'll get his

3. Majordobie

Majordobie Full Access Member

I think it's the schemes they're calling on the D, Meat. I don't particularly like them dropping Peppers back into coverage, but they have had some success with it at times in years past. When they drop him back and have a LB blitzing clean the QB's clock, it works at times.

But overall, I wish they would quit being cutesy and let him do what he does best, as he was doing in the pre-season against first-string offenses. I believe he's fine health-wise and we'll start seeing more pressures and sacks in the next few weeks.

4. y2b

y2b King of QC

i love all the blitzing btw... they look like a pack dogs waiting for the gates to open

5. St. Jude

St. Jude Junior Member

It's only been 2 games...

6. chipshotx

chipshotx Full Access Member

they are blitzing because the line isn't getting much pressure and the blitz hasn't been too effective either. Seems like blitz = first down completion.

7. NewFaceOfFailure

NewFaceOfFailure SLOOTS!!!

His job was to keep LT in check the first game. (under 100 yards) and Then i don't know should have rocked K. orton. but they had him double teamed allot of the time.

8. Collin

Collin soap and water

No, we're not seeing the huge year I was expecting, but it's still early. And there's no way I'd keep Gross at his cost regardless of what we do with Peppers.

9. meatpile

meatpile 7-9

Agreed.

And it's been 2 games - but he's still only had 2 sacks since Christmas Eve 2006, when we beat the Falcons on the ground.

That kind of production does not command $100 million, and that's what we're talking about.

I really don't care if he worked out and bulked up. I think his problems are between his ears. He's a much greater physical specimen than Steve Smith or Chris Harris - but those 2 are 100 times the football player.

I guess after being optimistic about Peppers, something switched and i'm done.

10. stratocatter

stratocatter Full Access Member

Maybe he'll turn it on, it's certainly to our benefit if that happens. If it does, we'll get some wins and if there's no deal reached we can franchise and trade him.