1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Peppers fined 10k for the Ryan helmet hit...

Discussion in 'Carolina Panthers' started by Ipimpcrazydave, Oct 3, 2008.

1. Collin

Collin soap and water

Exactly, you dumb piece of shit. Peppers hasn't even hit him yet and Ryan's head is back. How could that be because of Peppers if he hadn't touched him yet?

2. Black&Blue

Black&Blue NKW

I just saw a highlight of the worst roughing call ever, the back of Terrell Suggs's hand grazed Kerry Collins' helmet, which kept Tennessee's game winning drive going.

3. Abusive

Abusive Fuck yo blanket

Wonder if that was Ed Hercules, as well?

4. stratocatter

stratocatter Full Access Member

Copied this from the .pdf gamebook, didn't paste right but here they are:

Officials

Referee:
    Line Judge:
    Head Linesman:
    Field Judge:
    Umpire:
    Side Judge:
    Back Judge:
    Carollo, William F. (63)
    Arthur, Gary (108)
    Schleyer, John (21)
    Edwards, Scott (3)
    Schuster, Bill (129)
    Coleman, James (95)
    Waggoner, Bob (25)
    Replay Official: Boylston, Bob

5. Collin

Collin soap and water

Yeah, it's just a horrendous rule and needs to be fixed, otherwise we might as well have quarterbacks wear red jerseys and have the ref blow the whistle when they're about to be touched.

6. blackcatfan

blackcatfan Full Access Member

I wonder how long it will be before the players realize that it's easier to get fined for hitting QBs in the head than for hitting them in the knee.

It seems the league is starting to really push for flags when the QB is hit in the head regardless of how hard. Only an idiot would try to say those hit were malicious (enter Kiansdad).

7. barry49s

barry49s Ain’t good for nothing

That's the great thing about officials. Just as you think you've seen the worst call ever, they prove you wrong. They picked up a flag on a punt return for a TD during the Redskins-Eagles game yesterday. They said #50 couldn't have illegally pushed in the back because he was on the punt team. The replay showed that not only was a #50 on the punt team and was the one pushed in the back, but a #50 was also on the return team and was the one that made the illegal block. #50 illegally blocked #50 and that somehow confused the officals to the point of picking up the flag. Yeah, Buck, Aikman and myself didn't understand it either.

8. NewFaceOfFailure

NewFaceOfFailure SLOOTS!!!

I E-MAILED ED H. AND HE WROTE THIS BACK. Just goes to show you - it was a foul. I know Panther fans don't want to admit I was right, but the fine demonstrates that not only was it a foul, but it was so bad that it warranted a $10,000 fine. That's the rule - it's very specific - no conta9t to the head of the QB. And whether a shoulder made contact is irrelevant.

9. NewFaceOfFailure

NewFaceOfFailure SLOOTS!!!

I rember 1 game where Moose caught the ball in the endzone. then they said he fumbled it. but if you have possion in the endzone thats a TD. So how the fuck do you fumble in endzone without being a score?