1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Peppers and Moore to Denver for Cutler and 1st rounder?

Discussion in 'Carolina Panthers' started by woo789, Mar 15, 2009.

1. woo789

woo789 Junior Member

Would you make this trade: Peppers (wants out of carolina) and QB Moore (Who played for our ex QB coach, now in denver for Cutler (wants out of Denver and 12th overall pick (we need a defensive lineman)to replace Peppers or DT and throw in McCown, we will draft QB later rounds to carry a clipboard to groom into the 2nd QB next year.

2. presidence99

presidence99 es lo que hay.

You should have thrown this in the Delhomme thread you already made, and yes I would make that trade.

3. Wp28

Wp28 I had that dream again...

Does this board still rock?

4. presidence99

It's my fault. Sorry.

5. The Brain

The Brain Defiler of Cornflakes

Don't really see the point in drafting a QB if you make the trade for Cutler.

6. presidence99

7. magnus

magnus Chump-proof

anywhere I lay my head I'm gonna call my home
    sure, that trade is essentially a mid first round player and a mid first round pick for a mid first round player.

Also, the team has no control at this point over the trade or value so any situations we could get into are essentially for Peppers to initiate, so it's nearly impossible to speculate on what would actually happen.

8. The Brain

The Brain Defiler of Cornflakes

Why waste a pick on a QB to groom when Cutler is as young as he is? Cutler's at the age you get a vet to back him up. You don't really need a guy to groom for 3 to 5 years with a guy like Cutler. Well that's if you view Cutler as a franchise QB. If he's not that, then he's not worth the trade.

9. magnus

magnus Chump-proof

anywhere I lay my head I'm gonna call my home
    I guess the idea is that since we have no backups past this year in that scenario (including Moore, who'd really be RFA after this year so people need to not worry so much about that), a 3rd QB this year would be the backup next year.

Not the worst idea in that scenario but certainly in our current situation or this scenario, backup QB isn't the biggest worry and I'm not sure you would ever expect a 4-6 round rookie to be

The biggest concern about this trade, besides the significant one-sidedness of it anyway in our favor, is that I don't know that Denver is going to trade away Cutler without the ability to get a suitable replacement. Moore isn't going to start for anyone this year, I wouldn't expect. So Denver would be starting over with a rookie QB and a vet like Grossman/Leftwich/Boller/Garcia, none of which have gotten a sniff and some of which may not play this year, and that rookie QB would be a 2nd at best because of the trade.

Which would be completely foolish. I mean, "let's see if we can call Vinny Testaverde to sort out this mess" foolish.

10. luchadore

luchadore A joke is a serious thing

No