1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Panthers willing to trade Jenkins

Discussion in 'Carolina Panthers' started by Dukesuckgounc, Apr 7, 2007.

1. magnus

magnus Chump-proof

anywhere I lay my head I'm gonna call my home
    I know someone who's saw KJ recently and said he wasn't out of shape.

What the fuck is all this about? I'd rather go down with the ship gambling every year on Jenkins being the All-Pro force than get a 3rd out of him.

2. PantherPaul

PantherPaul Nap Enthusiasts

I'd rather trade Kemo somehow and get the Louisville youngster

3. Purrsecutioner

Purrsecutioner Full Access Member

This is hard to swallow. There better be a good reason, I suppose. Anything less than two seconds wont be enough. Id love a first. Maybe Washington will want to unload its 6 on us, heh.

Damn.

4. El Bastardo

El Bastardo Who me?

Maybe it's reverse psychology. They throw out some feelers to other teams, Jenkins gets all pissed off and motivated, then he dominates the line like no DT ever has before.

Wishful thinking...

5. Trashman1962

Trashman1962 Full Access Member

Just some conjecture for arguments sake....but we were 4th against the run without him in 2005 and dropped to 11th with him back in 2006. Sure, I recognize other factors contribute to that stat, but it's worth considering. Also, how many really thought he'd make the Pro Bowl last year based on his on-field play? Can he ever be the player he was post injury in 2003? It they feel his best days are behind him then maybe the feeling is that his value is highest now and after this season they won't get shit for him and he won't be worth his salary. Personally, "if" his head is screwed on straight and he "will" manage his weight I would not part with him for anything less than a first round pick......but I can see the thought process behind the rumor.

6. hasbeen99

hasbeen99 Fighting the stereotype

It's a gamble, but honestly I don't think I'd put a move like that past Hurney & Fox.

7. Black&Blue

Black&Blue NKW

I have no idea.

We went 11-5 and advanced to an NFCCG wo/ him, but I still think he's one of our more valuable players. Unless we were trying to trade up in front of Atlanta to take Landry, which could be possible, this wouldn't be worth it. Hell, even for Landry it's probably not worth it.

8. Black&Blue

Black&Blue NKW

Being the worst 3rd down offense had something to do with that. Jenkins has problems with jumping early, and he'll get out of position occasionally, but I think he proved that he's still a force in the middle. I understand that we have depth, but unless we're really trying to move up in the draft I don't like this idea.

9. Trashman1962

Trashman1962 Full Access Member

Thus my next sentence were I state I recognize that "other" factors contribute to the stat. I agree wholeheartedly that Jenkins is a force in the middle. However, I can see an argument for offering him up for trade.... "if" it improves our team significantly.

10. magnus

magnus Chump-proof

anywhere I lay my head I'm gonna call my home
    They did get Kemoeatu (who they're stuck with) to play the role Jenkins is now. The difference? Jenkins is explosive, and takes chances. Kemo isn't that explosive, but doesn't take chances. If you're going to have one huge DT that eats up A-gap, Kemo can handle that.

I don't think it's a reason to do it. I also don't think we take the chance just to get a 2nd. But yeah, it's a plausible thought if this is actually a possibility.

Why they don't/didn't move the more athletic Jenkins over sometimes, I don't know. Move him to the spot to penetrate, which is what he does, rather than trying to get him to eat up space.