1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Panthers willing to trade Jenkins

Discussion in 'Carolina Panthers' started by Dukesuckgounc, Apr 7, 2007.

1. Mongo

Mongo Pawn in game of life

It would be his choice. But he would also have to consider that subpar effort could result in his being cut next off-season. That would make his sub-par play his audition tape for his next contract. While some team would sign him, they wouldn't offer a lot in guarantees probably going with an incentive laden deal. He would come out way behind if another injury hit him. The attitude exibited by less than full effort would also hurt him in negotiations.

2. rake

rake Need one of these

what I was thinking. At this point it would be best for the Panthers to go ahead and trade him. PRAY that we not only come up with a solid DL rotation without Jenks but use whatever pick(s) we'd get VERY wisely.
    Let's face it . .. we don't have a great deal to be super confident about in the drafting dept :arge:

3. HeadCase

HeadCase dazed and confused

now i lay me down to sleep, and pray great players this draft will reap ... and bless those poor souls on TBR. amen.

4. stratocatter

stratocatter Full Access Member

I'm not convinced at all that is how it's been handled. I believe there's some ongoing issue that predates just the last month or so (wish somebody could say what it is) and he had at least a clue/warning it could come to this. I have a mental picture of them explaining to him/his agent how it was gonna go down and it would be in their interest to play along.

edit: I don't believe they planned the media leaks, but probably anticipated there could be some.

5. lde

lde Teddy and Gabriel

That is a concern. I posted earlier about motivating him, but it could backfire. Of course, if they think he doesnt care except for some plays here and there, it may not make a difference.

Zod posted from sources on the Huddle board that this has nothing to do with Jenks attitude, and that its all about future cap space with them planning to break the bank for Pep. That sounds like a planted leak to me, to control some damage.

6. T_Schroll

T_Schroll Full Access Member

How's about Jenkins, the 14th, and 155th to the Skins for the 6th overall and grabbing Landry with it? Snyder may be just dumb enough

7. Wp28

Wp28 I had that dream again...

Hurney wants to trade down to avoid a big ticket contract.

"Price-controlled labor"

8. hasbeen99

hasbeen99 Fighting the stereotype

Makes sense to me.

9. McFly41

McFly41 Work Hard...PLAY HARDER!

McFly does too, but no takers yet? :help:

10. T_Schroll

T_Schroll Full Access Member

"price controlled labor" is the new way of explaining we're aren't going to pay but so much for a player at a certain position. Same shit, different day