1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Panthers willing to trade Jenkins

Discussion in 'Carolina Panthers' started by Dukesuckgounc, Apr 7, 2007.

1. Thelt

Thelt Full Access Member

Wilson has injury question marks and so does Jenkins so it makes sense to trade one for the other.

The problem with keeping him another year and hoping his value goes up is that it may very well go the other direction. Jenkins just made a probowl largely on his reputation. Another so so season and that will diminish.

2. Wp28

Wp28 I had that dream again...

Darin's blog
    Word around the campfire
    Submitted by Darin on Mon, 2007-04-09 19:42.
    The folks around the league who talk about these kinds of things seem split right now as to whether the Panthers will actually trade DT Kris Jenkins or not.

Fact is, there are several teams who'd be interested in adding him, a list topped by St. Louis. But at this point, it doesn't sound like anyone's offered more than a third-round pick, and that may not be enough to get a deal done. Whether it becomes player-for-player or a higher pick, it sounds like the Panthers might be inclined to keep him if the offers don't grow.

They have shopped him -- of course, they've probably shopped some other players we haven't heard about -- but they don't sound at all like they're ready to give him away. If it got to the point someone offered a first, they'd be crazy not to take it, and they're not crazy. Ditto for a high second. But it's hard finding many in the personnel business who think he'll yield that much, making a return a real possibility.

3. T_Schroll

T_Schroll Full Access Member

Jenkins type injuries are able to be corrected by surgery, with a neck injury it's not always the case. See Michael Irvin and a couple of other guys. You can live a normal life with it sure, but the NFL isn't quite normal is it?

4. Thelt

Thelt Full Access Member

Jenkins may have had his injuries corrected but he has lost something in the process. He does not have the same quickness he used to. I have heard nothing to make me think Wilson has a career threatening injury. Like I said before he will likely play for Denver this year and probably play well.

5. WebRaider

WebRaider Full Access Member

6. stratocatter

stratocatter Full Access Member

That says we're only looking for a mid round pick. Fuck that.

7. T_Schroll

T_Schroll Full Access Member

yup and most of them say they'd give up no more than a 4th at best or a 5th. Maybe we should send Thelt up there to pitch them on giving up a 1st for Jenkins.

8. BWI-Panther

BWI-Panther Full Access Member

Those guys are IDIOTS. Most are also saying he is dominate if he has recovered from his injury. Others say he would be depth used in a rotation. They have no clue he was healthy last year and played 16 games at a pro bowl level!

9. stratocatter

stratocatter Full Access Member

I don't know I'd go that far but for the size of his deal and what he brings, he's worth more than a third; a fourth is ludicrous.

Draft picks are just like minor leaguers in MLB: they may turn out to be great but they haven't proven anything, Jenks has a track record.

10. Thelt

Thelt Full Access Member

Turn it around. If we were looking at trading for a guy who has missed two of the last three seasons, did not play to the same level he did prior to his injury this past year, and has a history of being out of shape, how bad would you want him and what would you give up for him?

I agree that it is better to keep him than to trade him for a second day pick.