1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Panthers vs. Seahawks NFC Championship Running Commentary

Discussion in 'Carolina Panthers' started by Savio, Jan 22, 2006.

1. reb

reb 1riot1reb

Losing to Dallas and therefore losing home field advantage may have cost us a trip to the Super Bowl. We will never know. The Seahawks really kicked our ass is all I know.

2. Cattrax

Cattrax Senior Member

And Pittsburg should be applauded for doing so (Damn, saying that hurt). It was not impossible to do but it was difficult.

I think Seattle played a good game and are a very good team. Hell, we lost to the best team in the NFC, no shame in that.

3. Cattrax

Cattrax Senior Member

Homefield advantage is important. The bye even moreso, IMHO.

4. Black&Blue

Black&Blue NKW

We would have had to win four on the road, while the Steelers had a home game week 17.

Anyway, it still doesn't excuse yesterday. Not at all. We should have played better than we did, and at least give ourselves a chance.

5. hasbeen99

hasbeen99 Fighting the stereotype

I was thinking about that, too, but then I thought of the injuries. Strip Parker, Bettis, and Staley away from Pittsburgh and see if they beat Denver yesterday.

Not that I lay any blame at Jamal Robertson's feet. Not at all. Nor does that give any excuse whatsoever to the offensive line's pathetic play. I'll give the Steelers this -- if they were down to Dan Kreider as their only tailback, that line would open holes for him.