1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Panthers vs. Seahawks NFC Championship Running Commentary

Discussion in 'Carolina Panthers' started by Savio, Jan 22, 2006.

1. Purrsecutioner

Purrsecutioner Full Access Member

We need to upgrade at the DT too. And I think its obvious, that we need a back who can last a season.

But whats sad about todays game...is that without Smitty's STs TD, this is the Giants game reversed.

2. PantherPaul

PantherPaul Nap Enthusiasts

<<<The fat mat returns

3. Collin

Collin soap and water

True, but the Giants laid an egg at home. We had to go all the way across country after giving two heroic playoff efforts in a row. It sucks to see it end this way, but didn't most of us feel this coming? I didn't worry about us losing, I worried about us getting blown out. We just had nothing left.

4. THE 5TH CRUSADER

THE 5TH CRUSADER THE TRUTH DETECTOR

Just not your day today...Jake had no time to throw...No running game...Defense played horrible

5. Cattrax

Cattrax Senior Member

We needed a bye week. Guys get tired and injuries mount. Jake sucked, that didn't help. Seattle is a good team, they had as much to do with our poor play as anything else.

6. PantherPaul

PantherPaul Nap Enthusiasts

Thanks for the update Dick Tracy

Attached Files:

7. Purrsecutioner

Sigh. I think it goes without saying that I am not proud of the performance of tonight's game. We werent ready, no matter how you cut it, and we got stoned and pasted. I believe we looked through tonight to Detroit, and hopefully that wont happen again.

But in retrospect, we did some nice things this season. We let our division title slip away from us, we got real stupid and killed any chance of home field, or a buy, but for playing like shit so often this season, we had a nice record, and went to the NFCC game. Nice stuff. Could we have done better? Yes. Should this be a lesson for next year. Oh yeah.

To take the next step, well have to draft better without JB and with Softli. And were going to have to get over this little thing that when were "favpred", we suck, and when were "'dogs", we overcome.

Enough with just getting by as a character team. Were going to have to learn how to handle success, and be great. Both of our seasons when we went to the NFCC game under FOx, weve squandered multiple opportunities to get the division title, although in '03 we eventually got it..and this season, we just let the biggest game so far go. We have got to start playing better when were favored. I dunno. This team has done great things, but were our own worst enemy.

8. Purrsecutioner

Me too. I didnt want it to be like this. Ive said all week, I thought the Haweks had too much. Just such a solid team from top to bottom, and they just dont get the credit they deserve.

THey didnt diss us, so we dont get mad, and we come out flat. I truly think, lol, that if they talked smack, were up right now about 24-17.

WHat hurts most, is were getting destroyed. It just looks like we dont belong, and that stings.

9. Purrsecutioner

Ill disagree that Jake didnt have time to throw. He had happy feet VERY early.

But yeah, we gave up on running waaay too early, and the defense was exposed with a hack running it.

:)

10. Purrsecutioner

Im going to say, Ive seen the silly stuff about Alexander comgin here. He isnt, nor does he want to.

Also, I dont want the little bitch. There is NO fucking way he had a concussion last week. Hes a punk.