1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Panthers vs John Fox's Broncos game day thread....

Discussion in 'Carolina Panthers' started by Wp28, Nov 11, 2012.

1. dig-it

dig-it Wait'n On That Post Rookie Deal

Didn`t watch a single minute of it, heard a few minutes in the car. Don`t think I cheated myself of seeing the Panthers look less than average.

2. Collin

Collin soap and water

Dude, Rivera will never be a head coach again. Sucks for him since I don't think this is all or even mostly his fault, but that's the reality.

3. Jaz

Jaz Full Access Member

As shitty as Rivera has been I can see them sticking with the coaching staff. That being said its super easy to see them being fired. There are two ways to look at it. Richardson gets panicky since he's old and decides to let everyone go and start over again, or he sticks with what we got.

The defense has been a great surprise. Obviously there are spots that need upgrading but the scheme has worked pretty well.

Offensively is more complicated. There are decisions to be made along the Oline and at RB. I think we can salvage the offense with Chud at the helm.

4. stratocatter

stratocatter Full Access Member

This is different. I see people expressing Chud approval, and one insinuation that he could be in consideration for a vacant Panthers HC position? I think he mostly sucks and deserves as much blame as any coach for our results this year. edit: in fact I blame him more than most. His scheme sucked out loud and I don't really like his playcalling overall. But players have to execute and there have been plenty of examples of good playcalls that would have succeeded if a guy had made the play that was there to make.

5. Collin

Collin soap and water

I don't think the offense has been struggling because of the play-calling. I also don't think anyone is suggesting that Chud be the head coach in 2013, just that he might get the interim tag if Rivera is let go.

6. Toll Booth Willie

Toll Booth Willie Welcome to Wusta!

Really? If Rivera is let go, I'd expect McDermott to get the interim tag.

7. magnus

magnus Chump-proof

anywhere I lay my head I'm gonna call my home
    was speaking of him as an assistant, but I definitely didn't make him clear. He would definitely bring McDermott, Wilks, two guys I talked about, with him on a staff.

I'd definitely say there's a part in this that Chud's playcalling would answer to. It's not the 'big problem', specifically, but there have been times where they've tried to be too cute, others too complex, and many of those times come together with execution issues (which makes it worse).
    I do agree that he's the likely interim if they did that; I also don't think he suddenly forgot how to coach, by any means.

8. magnus

magnus Chump-proof

no, probably not. Both have had "future head coach" buzz I guess, but Chud seems more ready for it.
    Rivera doesn't have an assistant head coach, and in my opinion I don't like an AHC or interim HC to have the responsibility of running a side of a team - you're already stretched pretty thin.

But I also don't believe they'd clip Rivera, unless something like today happened a lot more.

9. Toll Booth Willie

Toll Booth Willie Welcome to Wusta!

My assumption is based on the relative performance of the offensive vs defensive units. The offense has regressed, while the defense has progressed.

10. magnus

magnus Chump-proof

you never know, maybe you were right. Most every bit of what Chud had gained in credability for being a head coach has gone, not that he's not a good coordinator, but sustainability matters. So I really can't say that you're wrong, that it's one guy versus the other.