1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Panthers vs Falcons Gameday Running Commentary 9/20/09

Discussion in 'Carolina Panthers' started by Savio, Sep 20, 2009.

1. Malapoo

Malapoo Full Access Member

D shows up one game, O the next - maybe they're taking turns playing well and then sucking.:WE3Rainy03:

2. Dukesuckgounc

Dukesuckgounc Let's go Panthers

How bout the panthers stop making excuse.

I was reading the Observer and other panthers news site and what I grader is the Observer and other Cats news site are saying the panthers made progress today they play better. This might be the Case. But this is not Pre season where you saying oh we made progress today we improver .I thought that Offense played really well today. Jake was very good today that INT it was not his fault as no one was open and it was 4th down .I thought that we should have Kick the FG with 3timeout and about 2:45to play in the game it would be way more smart to kick the FG and play defense .The O line should get a game ball along with Jake and Smitty Jake did not have to make bad throw The running game today was much better then last week. The bad Side of today game. This has been a problem for year’s .Is 3rd down Defense I remember last year when we lost to ATL it was because we not able to make a key stop on 3rd down .it Apparent that Ron Meeks is not getting the job the done .Sure not Having Kamo and Chris Harris hurt. But still you must with personal that you have. And So far I’m afraid to say this but the Defense is looking worst this year then it played last year. Now everyone is Mad at Peppers for getting 1Mill per game and not showing up not making any play what so ever. Fans have every right to be very mad at peppers .And I strongly wish that before the trading deadline the panthers would try to trade him .Now anther guy who no one is talking about and He should be ashamed of himself is Chris gamble he is getting pay alt of money and he can not shut down the opponent team best WR .If We had a shutdown corner we would not be 0-2 right now and looking at 0-3 . Now let me say this for 2 years our Special Teams has been playing not good. For this 2years I have called on the panthers to fired Danny Crossman and you guys all of thought I was crazy or stupid for asking the panthers to make this move. Look like at the end of the day I was right and you guys were wrong big time. Our Special Team was a huge reason as to why we lost today that blocked punt was an excusable Let see last week we had a punt return for a TD and today we had a blocked punt .Also not able to make tackle on Kickoff return other the one return the rest of the return the falcons start from around the 40 yards line alt of the responsibility lay on Rhys Lloyd shoulder .If he Can’t kick the ball in the end zone make the return take a knee that should be cut. Rhys Lloyd job is just to kick the ball deep into the end zone if he can’t do that then let cut him and sign someone who can do it. Last week I said it not time to panic. Well now it really time to panic .We lost a game that was a must win. We are facing a very good cowgirl’s team next week. 0-2 is really bad 0-3 and you kiss playoff goodbye

3. WYDD

WYDD Everybody dance now.

Wow. The only highlight we got from NBC was jake throwing that pick. Ya know, the one that he pretty much had to throw. They even showed the behind the back one yard handoff atlanta had.

I know this team loves to fly under the radar and play the respect card. Maybe somebody should show them those highlights.

4. Paladin

Paladin Full Access Member

Normally with a new defense I'd give some slack for the players adusting to the new scheme, but with this being a "simplified" defense, they should have it by now. Seeing Louis Leonard's face as he came to the sideline after that injury has me worried. Not that he was great, but who else is there?

5. Golden Hammer

Golden Hammer South Pole Elf

I begin to wonder if Jarrett is just happy with what guaranteed money he has and doesn't really care enough to work hard to compete at this level. He may be a quitter.

6. magnus

magnus Chump-proof

anywhere I lay my head I'm gonna call my home
    I'm certain that networks have no idea what highlights to show. They showed a bunch of Tebow runs in a close game - as if nothing else happened.

7. vpkozel

vpkozel Professional Calvinballer

From what I saw, I thought Jake looked really good today.

8. DJ_Tet

DJ_Tet Full Access Member

Jake did look good, but if that underhand toss garbage had been picked off like it should have been it would have gotten ugly. That play was worse than anything he attempted in the first game imo.

Also, why are we the only team in the league that doesn't rush to the line to run a play when there is a close call on the field? We should have rushed to kick the XP on the Rosario TD, and there was a 3rd down play to King that got overturned on a challenge that we could have potentially avoided by running a quick play.

The second instance actually didn't hurt as we still got the first down, and obviously the first instance didn't hurt cause it was still ruled a TD, but we're the only team it seems that NEVER forces the issue. There were a few calls last year where we didn't get a challenge in because the other team ran a play, hell Philly did it in game 1. We've been burned by this several times but we still never adjust our strategy.

Especially on the road, what benefit is there in letting the opposing coach get a replay on the big screen before we run a play on a close call? Well coached teams around the league are forcing the issue. I actually think there should be a rule in place to prevent the strategy but as long as it exists I think we should start exploiting it as well.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2009
  9. The Special One

The Special One BALL HARD UNIVERSITY

I liked what I saw, DeAngelo's fumble was the big turning point, we looked like last years Panthers for long streches of the game.

Absolutely no pass rush (Im not gonna put it all on Peppers) this scheme wont work if we dont get pressure from our front 4. We'll get picked apart by a good QB like Ryan every time!

Tough loss but its not the end of our season, I still feel good about this team, Im optimistic, Monday night however is trully MUST WIN!

10. Black&Blue

Black&Blue NKW

Jake played ok, but he should have. Atlanta's secondary is neither exceptionally talented or complicated. I give a lot more credit to the offensive line for holding up in key situations.