1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Panthers v Saints gameday thread

Discussion in 'Carolina Panthers' started by Wp28, Sep 16, 2012.

1. Collin

Collin soap and water

Holy shit, no. Godfrey has been unmitigated awfulness aside from the really nice play recognizing Graham coming across the formation and sneaking past him for the TAINT.

Because he was blocked and falling down when he got close enough to grab Brees.

2. CelticCat

CelticCat ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED

2 games into the season and you cant give him any credit?

After rewatching that debacle of a first game i thought Godfrey did a great job of filling the hole and making the tackle when it looked like the Bucs could rip off a big one. Was he mistake free? NO, but a definate improvement on the last year and a half or so. I believe the early TD that people wanted to put on Gamble was actually more on Nakamura, not Godfrey. He bit hard on the PA.

And excluding the pic 6 that he does deserve SOME credit for, he finished up our leading tackler on the day and i think he is our leading tackler overall through 2 games.

I'll rewatch the Nakamura sack again but from first look it appeared he simply lacked the size and strength to bring him down. All the same i do realise its still only his 2nd ever start so its not like there isnt room for improvement.

3. magnus

magnus Chump-proof

anywhere I lay my head I'm gonna call my home
    plenty to be excited about.
    Godfrey still misses some tackles, but he's playing more in his element (back from the line a lot more) and getting into his responsibilities. Having Nakamura, Beason on the field makes for guys not fucking up as much, and adjusting on the fly better.
    Still wish we hadn't given him that contract, but if he can go back to at least playing the ball, that'd be great.

4. Coach Micool

Coach Micool Let's Go Brandon!

all the guys on defense seem to be mising tackles at times

5. Collin

Collin soap and water

I call it like I see it, and I'm more referring to him being abominable in pass coverage. He had Graham on that first TD and stood six yards deep in the endzone. In the endzone. In the endzone. Improved tackling is welcome, but if the safeties are making a lot of those then someone in front of them is failing since that shouldn't happen much.

6. Purrsy

Purrsy Full Access Member

Nak's been a big part of our defense's improvement. He's a small guy, a Chad Cota type, but he's smart, instinctive, and solid.

Godfrey will make his tackles, but he misses a ton of them too. It's early. We'll see. Hopefully they keep getting the system, keep getting better, and start playing physical from the get go.

7. Collin

Collin soap and water

Charles Godfrey is fucking shit. Anyone who says otherwise from now on should be immediately banned.

8. stratocatter

stratocatter Full Access Member

I probably need to be banned for my own sake, but it won't happen that way.