1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Panthers V Eagles Game day thread

Discussion in 'Carolina Panthers' started by Wp28, Nov 3, 2014.

1. PantherPaul

PantherPaul Nap Enthusiasts

I could give a shit about Facebook or the Observer. I just remember IMO more angst over the all new WR crew and some people laughing at Gettlemans comment that Grosses replacement "being on the roster". I thought that the receivers we had were not as good as last years but serviceable. The Oline on the other hand needs a complete overall. Kalil is the only one of NFL caliber

2. meatpile

meatpile 7-9

This. And I knew it when we whacked fox we went for the wrong guy. The current state is pretty much Rivera's status quo, he just had a good run last year.

Hurney was taking the blame for the shit team today on his show. I enjoy that show because as bad as he wound up being, I sure as hell enjoyed our moment in the sun and hearing him talk about the panthers recalls fond memories.

Fox won a game with testeverde. Fox openly loathed clausen as he should've. Fox started Rodney Peete over stinky weinke. Fox had balls.

I hope he gets fired so we can beg him to come back.

3. Black&Black

Black&Black Try My Product

If Fox ever got let go by Elway, he'd be hired by someone else within days. Just like how Denver plucked him up almost immediately after his contract expired here. The rest of the league adores Fox. I guess he could come back here if he wanted to and if JR was desperate enough to throw major money at him. But honestly, would he really want to after how we did him? After JR threw him under the bus? I doubt it. He's the one that got away.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2014
  4. Black&Black

Gettleman is the better GM - or I should say the less shitty GM - but I have infinitely more respect for Hurney. He was always willing to take accountability, even when our softball throwing media wasn't asking for it. Gettleman is just a piece of shit who will probably blame all of this on the Greg Hardy situation.

5. Black&Black

Sorry I overlooked this earlier. DeAngelo has never been particularly good in protection. Stewart is, and Tolbert is OK at it. Honestly at this point DeAngelo probably shouldn't be playing a whole bunch. His strength has been his vision, but that doesn't help much where there's absolutely nowhere to run. And his deal where he tries to escape out the back door worked great early in his career, but now it just makes bad plays even worse.

6. Collin

Collin soap and water

[​IMG]

Paul, we created numerous threads with who knows how many posts about the offensive line. People were mad that Gettleman penny pinched Anthony Collins and Donald Penn in free agency, causing them to go elsewhere. There's no question that you have to remember people being upset during the draft that Gettleman did nothing to address it there. How many posts do you think were made on TBR about Byron Bell not only continuing to be a starter but being moved to left tackle? In fact, many people including me joked that the lack of talent at wide receiver wouldn't matter that much because of how much Shula sucks and the fact that Cam wouldn't have any time to throw anyway. You cannot tell me that you don't remember any of that.

I finally understand what's going on here, as you're still sensitive about suggesting that this year's wide receivers might be better than last year's, so you're spinning this in a way that attempts to make you look better. It's obviously not having the desired outcome, so I would suggest cutting your losses.

7. Collin

Collin soap and water

Fox was, is, and will continue to be a mediocre head coach with fantastic watches. Chip Kelly is the one who got away. JR desperately needs an advisor to help him make better hires and not be so prejudiced against anyone who isn't "old school."

8. Black&Black

Fox is a solid coach. Rivera sucks. Kelly, like Harbaugh, was never on our radar so it's not even worth dwelling over him.

9. Purrsy

Purrsy Full Access Member

Fox had balls, for sure. He's above average. However, he's not our answer.

I'd take him over Rivera obviously though.

10. Purrsy

Purrsy Full Access Member

Jury's out on this. I don't believe he is.

Look at his pro personnel history with the Giants. It's not very good. All he's done now is release players. Creating the financial exodus is easy. That freckled half breed fucker McKenzie in Oakland looked good while gutting the Raiders too, but he's as inept as Gettleman in putting it back together.

I mean...anyone could've done what Gettleman's done so far. He fired the heart of the team, and made our best lineman retire.

Jesus fuck. I hate him.