1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Panthers should trade down...

Discussion in 'Carolina Panthers' started by Freakshow, Feb 26, 2002.

1. Freakshow

Freakshow Fuck you guys.

I know everyone is SO high on Peppers. He is awesome. I've seen this guy (Kalimba Edwards) play MANY times. I really don't think he will be much of a fall off from Peppers. By the way, Edwards' dad is a professor at UNC!

ESPN has Edwards gong 7th. Would it not be possible to trade down, get him, and maybe a corner?

http://houstonprofootball.com/draft/prospects/edwards.html

2. Piper

Piper Guest

I don't want to put Kalimba strongside. Titans got away with doing that with Kearse, but too often putting a small elephant player base side works against you.

Trading down for a corner could work, but we'd need a decent deal, and I don't see us getting it. Maybe to 6 with the Boys, or with Indy to 11.

3. McFly41

McFly41 Guest

Cowbiys are said to be quite taken with Henderson and could very well move up if someone else shows interest. The Jags lost BOTH starting DT's and could enter the move up talks to secure either Henderson or Bryant. Indy, has needs that might make them move up as well.
    There could be alot more dealing than usual on draft day. Between the exp. draft and cap, teams have more holes than usual. Some who previously weren't expected to move likely will due to glaring needs and limited superior talent at the top of the board.
    It's going to be an interesting draft!

4. Guest

Guest Guest

We should entertain any serious deal that leaves us on the plus side.

We can always threaten to take someone like Harrington, and make a team like Buffalo give up the bank to move up.