1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Panthers interested in WR Kevin Johnson?

Discussion in 'Carolina Panthers' started by Savio, Mar 7, 2005.

1. The Hammer

The Hammer Pain, Inc.

Nine years, Thelt. It's a long damn time.

The gun and weed incident was serious stuff. But how did he handle it? He was accountable. Apoligized to his family, team and fans. Vowed to stay clean. And, what do you know? He did.

The D-Coy thing was a dead issue to me until you brought it up. After what he did for this team in the last stretch of 2003 and in 2004, a little pouting about not getting the ball from three years ago seems a little paltry.

2. magnus

magnus Chump-proof

anywhere I lay my head I'm gonna call my home
    yeah, a 2001 where he's not getting the ball, and he puts something on his helmet, after catching an average of 98 balls over two years before that? Being frustrated at losing? I've never known a good receiver that didn't want the ball.

Wow. I can't wait for you to start railing on Wesley Walls for complaining about not getting enough balls every single week from September 1996 to when he was cut, Thelt. Just so you can be consistent.

3. Reznor

Reznor Sunspots

All the things Moose did for the community far outweigh the guns and weed. If guns and weed are such a bad thing, half of TBR would be in prison. Personally, if I were a well-known rich dude, I'd pack heat too.

Moose was a class act in Charlotte, period. All great WRs bitch about not getting the ball. Harrison set the single-season record, and if you'd ask him, he didn't get the ball enough. Rice owns every record known to man, and he complains about not getting the ball. All great WRs have that attitude. Hanging a fucking sign on your jersey that makes light of your frustration with a struggling offense is extremely far from being unclassy.

Moose and Smith here next year would have likely seen us with 2 1000 yard guys. You can whine all you want about Moose being an 800 yard guy or whatever, but the fact remains that WHEN HE WAS THE FOCUS, HE EXCELLED. WRs cannot control how many times they get the ball. If anything, the last half of the season should show you just how good he really is. Everyone in the stadium knew Moose was going to get the looks, but nobody could stop him.

The long and short of it is that Moose is gone because of salary reasons, and his desire to be a focal point in an offense. Nothing we do after he left has any bearing whatsoever on that. He's gone. We moved on. If Lucas was his replacement at WR, you might have an argument.

4. Reznor

Reznor Sunspots

fucker, I wrote out all that shit, and you said what I did in fewer words. :banginghe

5. magnus

magnus Chump-proof

Yeah, once in a million chances.

6. Thelt

Thelt Full Access Member

Moose has had two really good years '99 and '04 out of his nine in the league. He was pretty good in '00. Other than that he has been very average. He has had some big drops and quit on some routes causing picks. He was the focal point from 1998 until last year except for part of 2003 when Smith became the number one guy.

He was a pretty good wideout and all but you need to realize that the last half of last year was an abberation when you look at his career as a whole.

Moose Stats

7. Reznor

Reznor Sunspots

I'm looking at the times on the posts, and I can't believe it took me that long to come up with all that. :bananalam

8. magnus

magnus Chump-proof

Pretty good = receiving title

that's a neat trick

Do you have a fucking point, Thelt? Seriously.

9. Reznor

Reznor Sunspots

I guess you could say the same thing about Steve Beuerlein, Steve Smith, and any number of players in the NFL.

10. Reznor

Reznor Sunspots

yeah, leading the league for 3 of 9 years is ridiculously easy. Just ask Randy Moss and TO. Oh wait, they haven't done it.