1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Panthers interested in WR Kevin Johnson?

Discussion in 'Carolina Panthers' started by Savio, Mar 7, 2005.

1. Thelt

Thelt Full Access Member

Just because you say it is irrelevant a hundred times does not make it so. If Moose plays poorly in Chicago it will validate the decision to let him leave.

2. Reznor

Reznor Sunspots

the money already validated it...

3. magnus

magnus Chump-proof

anywhere I lay my head I'm gonna call my home
    The conversation was about the offseason, you brought Muhammad in and suggested that he was going to be a telling sign as to whether the offseason was a success. Moose's success with a different QB, in a different city, is irrelevant.

Because it's fucking irrelevant, not because I say it is. I don't care what player does what where, if it's not on the team it is not relevant to what happens on this team.

4. HeadCase

HeadCase dazed and confused

it's irrelevant

5. buck nasty

buck nasty Full Access Member

i really don't want to get in the middle of this, because i see both sides, but i don't remember people on tbr thinking bline's elbow exploding when we released him irrelevant.

6. HeadCase

AP reports WR Kevin Johnson, the former Hamilton High star, would like to jump on the Carolina Panthers bandwagon. The Panthers are one of the teams who have shown mild interest in Johnson, along with Kansas City, Seattle and Tampa Bay. But he has yet to receive a firm offer. He was ready to jump at a deal with Cincinnati and become part of a Johnson triumvirate with WR Chad Johnson and RB Rudi Johnson, but the Bengals were able to re-sign WR T.J. Houshmandzadeh instead.

7. PantherFanz

PantherFanz Go Panthers

I would agree that a player in another city on another team is irrelevant to the Panthers in nearly all cases regardless of his former employment with this team. However there is an indirect involvement with Moose in how it relates to the Panthers.

For this season there are 7 times when the actions of the Bears, and Moose in particular, could have an effect on the Panthers. We have of course the head-head match inm Chicago. And then the Bears play 6 common opponents with the Panthers. Lions, Packers, Vikings, Falcons, Saints and Bucs are all on thier schedule as well as ours. So if Moose has a season for the history books and can be the catalyst to a Bears run to the playoffs, it either help or hurt us. I certainly would like to see the Bears beat everyone of the common oppoents with the exception of the Panthers. Of course if they beat us in the regular and then post season, that would be bad

Of course if pigs indeed don't fly and cats and dogs are not seeking compansionship, then the Bears will just be a scrimmage opponent on all 6 of those common opponents which also has the dual ability to help or hurt the Panthers.

Now after typing all of this, it has dawned on me that this is pretty much irrelevant...

8. Thelt

Thelt Full Access Member

Call it irrelevant if you want but if Moose is all pro and Wahle and Lucas both suck then it is going to mean we made the wrong move and should have paid him instead of the guys we did pay.

Moose was the lynch pin of this offseason. Our decision to let him leave allowed us to pursue guys like Wahle and Lucas. Much like when we let Barrow leave and used that money to sign Chuck Smith how the players perform in the future will be the true measure of this offseason.

9. HeadCase

unlike what Moose does or does not do in Chicago, the above would be relevant.

we know what we had in Moose. we don't need to see how he does in Chicago to determine shit. he can go off and be great doesn't mean he would have been here ... though we can assume so since he was great here last year. he can go off and have a terrible year but it doesn't translate to what he woulda done here ... henning if a fucking genius at making players look great. we can translate what he did last year into what we will miss this coming year. we made a decision. it's a good one if our offense doesn't skip a beat without him. it's gonna look like a bad one if our passing game sucks (or our running game sucks cuz we miss his blocking) and/or we don't make the playoffs. what he does in Chicago is irrelevant as we know what we had when we let him go.

the wahle and lucas decisions should stand on their own and really don't have anything to do with our decision to let go of Moose. if they don't pan out and play like shit, it's just more in a series of bad FA evaluations. then we can say we shoulda used the money that was freed up from Moose elsewhere. i don't think we say cuz they played like shit we shoulda kept Moose.

but if you think it's relevant, have at it.

10. chipshot

chipshot Full Access Member

Regardless of what Moose does, it hinges on the play of Lucas, Wahle and anyone else we pick up or draft.