1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Panthers interested in WR Kevin Johnson?

Discussion in 'Carolina Panthers' started by Savio, Mar 7, 2005.

1. PantherPaul

PantherPaul Nap Enthusiasts

I just don't like his attitude. Not calling him a cancer but the vets on the team would need to make sure he knows what is and isn't acceptable

2. magnus

magnus Chump-proof

anywhere I lay my head I'm gonna call my home
    Agree, he spent this long complaining he was a go-to player and it might've cost him a chance to start.

3. Thelt

Thelt Full Access Member

You are assuming that if Moose falters in Chicago it is because of sub par QBs. It will be hard to tell if that is the case or if it is a combination of age and inconsistency. If you look at Moose's numbers over the years they were very much feast or famine. Some of that is due to bad QB play but not all of it.

4. Foxman

Foxman Don't read th

Whether or not he plays well?

If he plays well it will mean he blocked well and ran great routs, if the QB is on his back or throwing the ball in the dirt his efforts wont be measurable.

We are talking about the Bears, his playing well wont be noticed.

5. Savio

Savio Freelance Pimp

Smitty looked ok walking around the mall the other day :woohoo:

6. Thelt

Thelt Full Access Member

Anaquan Boldin put up good numbers his rookie year playing with sub par QBs. Terrell Owens kept putting up numbers when Rattay was starting. Top notch wideouts can still have decent numbers with weak QBs. It still affects them but they do not dissapear either. Moose was paid like a top guy, we will see if he can earn it.

7. magnus

magnus Chump-proof

I'm suggesting it won't matter. If he has a massive injury, becomes a Pro Bowler again, or anything in between, the stats aren't comparable. We know what he could do here with a good QB, and what he could do here with a bad QB. There is no real correlation or relevance to what he'd do in Chicago, nor does it affect how we spent our money and how those players affected us.

8. magnus

magnus Chump-proof

Yet more thoughts and ideals that have nothing to do with how our offseason will go. Those players didn't play here either, and any future stats any of them have will have no more bearing on our offseason than Muhsin's. It's irrelevant, if you haven't gotten that the first couple hundred times.

9. Foxman

Foxman Don't read th

I think he was addressing my rational.

Thelt I will wager Moose wont touch Boldins or Owens numbers. In both cases as suspect as those QB's were for those guys, I think Chicago is a much tougher situation QB wise. Plus their O-line sucks. At least Garcia with Owens could through the ball fairly well and had a decent line. The Bolden comparison might be closer to Chicagos situation.

10. Thelt

Thelt Full Access Member

I think some of you are going to say it was a mistake letting Moose leave regardless of what happens. If he sucks in Chicago then you will say he would have done better here. If he gets hurt and never plays again you will say that would not have happened here. You expect impact when you give a guy a contract like Moose got. I don't think Moose will make the kind of impact you need to justify that contract he got, not for a long enough time period any way. I guess it is a moot point to some of you though since Moose can do no wrong.