1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Panthers have 5 free agents!

Discussion in 'Carolina Panthers' started by Guest, Feb 26, 2002.

1. FreddyP

FreddyP Guest

Last season was not a good measuring stick for our receivers. D. Hayes displayed excellent hands two years ago but last year seemed to give up on routes too soon. I like Jeffers better, and Byrd showed alot last season. So Hayes could go and probably will.

I'm not sure about the others. I heard S. Gilbert was restructuring his contract for the 4th straight year. Does this mean he will play even less effective than last year? OH NO!

2. mramailman

mramailman Guest

He does have good hands but what good are those hands if he doesn't complete routes or make a concerted effort for the ball.

Williamson back at WR's coach would help him but I've seen enough of Hayes.

I've never cared much for Richardson but he is a good ST's player and O'Brien may push a bit to bring him back.

Hambrick wanted money in Dallas last year and if we are to make a play it will be for good money. I can't say I'd want to pay him too much but the effort IMO should be made to re-sign him.

Chester should be cheap and defintiely brought back. He has a good push off the line and played well last year.

3. Guest

Guest Guest

I'm with the consensus here. Hayes should go, and probably will. It's really a shame that he didn't prove out better, especially at 6'4". He's tall enough to grab balls from defensive players if he only would show more initiative. Hopefully he'll shine with some other team, but only when he's not playing the Panthers.
    As for Chester, I think he's a keeper, especially if he re-signs at a low salary. Sean Gilbert is re-structuring his contract, but it wouldn't hurt my feelings to see him cut from the roster. I haven't heard what Walls is doing with his salary, but I definitely hope we keep him. I know he's 35 years old, but he has a lot of play and experience left in him that could help a lot of our younger guys....just my opinion!