1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Panthers have 5 free agents!

Discussion in 'Carolina Panthers' started by Guest, Feb 26, 2002.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

It's anyone's guess if the coaching staff will consider re-signing any of the 5 free agents on our roster. We have Larry Chester, Donald Hayes, Darren Hambrick, Chris Heatherington and Damien Richardson.
    At this point, it looks as if Larry Chester has the nod, with Donald Hayes running a close second, but we'll see!
    :confused:

2. LarryD

LarryD autodidact polymath

i dont see losing hayes as that big of a deal. maybe the offense the past few seasons hasn't really fit his style though. i just hope that hte panthers don't overpay for anyone.

it's not like hayes has flashed a boatload of talent and the other teams are salivating over him. he shouldn't get that big of an offer from anyone.

3. slydevl

slydevl Asshole for the People!

I wouldn't shed a tear over losing any of those players. Jeffers was showing glimpses of his old self toward the end of last year. I think Byrd is every bit as good as Hayes and a better compliment to Muhammed. I also think Smith will contribute more this year.

4. LarryD

LarryD autodidact polymath

i can see smith becoming a big part of the offense. he's a game breaker. you at least have to give him a shot to see if he's going to be jermaine lewis or az-hakim.

5. wolverine

wolverine Guest

Smith does have that gamebreaker play about him. I am not sure there will be that big an offer to the others.

6. SemperFi

SemperFi Full Access Member

I would like to see Chester and Hambrick resigned. If Richardson is cheap sign him too, he was good backup and good in nickle packages. PLEASE send Hayes on his way. Heatherington was not impressive at all to me, although Hoover does not really have the power/size to be a great blocking FB, he has better hands and always seems to gain a couple of yards. I hope we pick up a FB either in FA or draft.

7. Freakshow

Freakshow Fuck you guys.

Dump Hoover and Heatherington. Same with Hayes.

8. McFly41

McFly41 Guest

I think it is imparitive that we sign Hambrick and we should try to retain Nesbit as well.
    Hayes and Heatherington both need to go. Someone will bite on Hayse for sure, he'd be great for a team like Denver. Heatherington would make a good H-back.
    Chester WILL be resigned according to reports I have seen.
    Richardson, well sure, I guess? Nothing lost nothing gained there.

9. Piper

Piper Guest

Navies and Nesbit should be retained easily. They are RFAs, and I don't see anyone just jumping all over themselves to get either player.

There a glutton of FA out there at linebacker already, and we aren't even into March yet. It should be a buyers market.

10. magnus

magnus Chump-proof

anywhere I lay my head I'm gonna call my home
    Craig is RFA...I'm leaning toward not offering him. At least WCO he had the necessary assets, here he just plain lacks the distance and velocity.

Chester's negotiating to stay. Expect that Buckner will get cut, if not now then June. I'm content with 94 and 77 starting, with 71 and Chester coming off the bench.