1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

panthers fighting

Discussion in 'Carolina Panthers' started by buck nasty, Aug 17, 2004.

1. Thelt

Thelt Full Access Member

I guess Miami's football program is sorry now too huh?

Anti-Hazing Policy

The University of Miami has an absolute prohibition on hazing. Hazing is defined as an action or situation created on or off campus, which recklessly or intentionally harms, damages, or endangers the mental or physical health or safety of a student for the purpose of initiation or admission into or affiliation with any organization operating within the University of Miami. Such term includes, but is not limited to, any brutality of a physical nature, such as whipping, beating, branding, forced calisthenics, exposure to the elements, forced/encouraged consumption of any food, liquor, drug, or other substance, or other forced activity which would adversely affect the physical or mental health or safety of the student, and also includes any activity which would subject the student to mental stress, such as sleep deprivation, encouraged exclusion from social contact, forced/encouraged conduct which would result in extreme embarrassment, or forced/encouraged activity which could adversely affect the mental health or dignity of the student, or any other activity which is inconsistent with the regulations and policies of the University of Miami.

Forcing, requiring, or expecting new members or initiated members to participate in any of the following actions or activities is explicitly prohibited. The following list is not all-inclusive but gives examples of the kinds of activities / actions that are strictly prohibited.
    1. Drinking alcohol or any other substance.
    2. Using any drug, narcotic, or controlled substance.
    3. Eating spoiled foods, raw onions, goldfish, or anything a reasonable person would not eat.
    4. Dropping food or other substances (i.e. eggs, grapes, liver, etc.) into another person's mouth.
    5. Tying a person to a chair, pole, anchor, tree, or any other object or to another person.
    6. Causing fatigue through physical or psychological shock.
    7. Branding.
    8. Paddling of any nature.
    9. Performing calisthenics (sit-ups, push-ups, runs, etc.).
    10. Rolling up or down hills.
    11. Pushing, shoving, tackling, or any other physical abuses.
    12. Throwing anything (whipped cream, garbage, water, paint, etc.) at a person or a group of people.
    13. Exposing oneself indecently or appearing nude or in a way that is considered by a reasonable person to be offensive.
    14. Harassing New Members verbally.
    15. Calling New Members demeaning names.
    16. Misleading New Members in an effort to convince them that they will not be initiated or that they will be hurt during initiation.
    17. Carrying any items (shields, paddles, bricks, etc.) that serve no constructive purpose or are designed to punish or embarrass the carrier.
    18. Waking New Members at odd intervals or permitting fewer than six continuous hours of sleep.
    19. Conducting New Member activities between the hours of 1:00 A.M. and 6:00 A.M.
    20. Conducting and participating in line-ups.
    21. Conducting New Member activities that do not allow adequate time for study.
    22. Wearing apparel or accessories that are conspicuous and not normally in good taste or wearing items that cause discomfort.
    23. Wearing more or less clothing than the temperature or weather permits.
    24. Defacing property (trees, grounds, buildings, cars, etc.).
    25. Stealing any property (composites, trophies, etc.).
    26. Compelling a person or group to remain at a certain place or transporting a person or group anywhere without their consent (road trips, kidnaps, etc.).
    27. Assigning or endorsing pranks (stealing, panty raids, harassing another organization, etc.).
    28. Acting like animal or objects.
    29. Engaging in public stunts and buffoonery.
    30. Yelling when entering, traveling through, or leaving any building.
    31. "Trashing", intentionally, any area for the purpose of annoying others or for having others clean the "trashed" area.
    32. Disallowing New Members to talk for an extended period of time.
    33. "Marching" in formation.
    34. Blindfolding and parading individuals in public areas or privately conducting blindfold activities that serve no constructive purpose.
    35. Having New Members perform personal chores or errands.
    36. Answering phones or doors with a prescribed chant, riddle, song, or rhyme.
    37. Having only New Members perform wakes or phone duty.
    38. Allowing New Members to use only a particular door when entering or leaving any building or to use only certain stairways within a building.
    39. Conducting quests, treasure hunts, scavenger hunts, paddle hunts, "big sister" or "little sister"
    40. Conducting hunts or walkouts in a non-constructive manner.
    41. Expecting participation in an activity in which initiated members themselves will not participate.

2. PantherFanz

PantherFanz Go Panthers

3. hasbeen99

hasbeen99 Fighting the stereotype

I didn't. Does that make me a lesser poster?

Sorry, guys, I don't buy for one minute that hazing does anything to make a rookie a better player.

At the same time, I don't consider making rookies carry veterans' gear as hazing. Two reasons:

1) It doesn't hurt.
    2) It's about paying respect to the men who have already done business on an NFL field.

Humiliating rookies is nothing more than a vehicle for vets to get their jollies or exact a little vengeance because someone did something to them as rookies. Has absolutely no value on the football field at all. If 2 weeks of training camp in Spartanburg heat and humidity doesn't make a rookie tough enough, taping him to a goal post and pouring Gatorade on him isn't going to do any better.

4. Thelt

Thelt Full Access Member

As much as I disagree with some of Siefert's decisions he does have two superbowl rings.

I really do not care if a bunch of over bearing bullies think I am a pussy. If they can not treat their team mates with respect then they do not deserve to be on the team. They are supposed to be professionals not school yard bullies who shake down smaller kids for milk money.

As far as your comments about my elitist point of view, kiss my ass. My opinion is just as valid as your if not more so. You are obviously defending your prior actions as well as the matter at hand.

5. PantherFanz

PantherFanz Go Panthers

And by the by Thelt, your constant posts of tripe from the hallowed halls of the Mothers Against Sons with Balls does not really have any effect on me...I am sure the same number of articles can be found that support the practice.

Journalists and lawyers don't wear pads.....

6. PantherFanz

PantherFanz Go Panthers

Yep, and so does the 49er mascot...What's your point?

7. Thelt

Thelt Full Access Member

You are gonna have some overbearing assholes in any walk of life. I guess something macho like football is going to attract more than its share of such people. Unfortunately someone is going to have to get badly hurt or killed before the league steps in and does something about his stupid shit.

It was not too long ago that a teenager was sodomized with a broom stick by his "teammates" as part of a hazing ritual on a highschool football team. Because of people with thug mentalities, like you, this shit still goes on.

I woud rather not have an NFL team than have one that encourages stuff like this

8. PantherFanz

PantherFanz Go Panthers

Well I tire of this discussion and there is no end to it in sight. Some people like life with nets and some people don't. I will just let the great American Dennis Leary close this one out for me..

- I like to think. I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy who sits in a greasy spoon and wonders: "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecued ribs with the side order of gravy and fries?" I want high cholesterol. I wanna eat bacon and butter and buckets of cheese, okay! I wanna smoke a cuban cigar the size of Cincinatti in a non-smoking section! I wanna run through the streets naked with green jello all over my body, reading Playboy Magazine! Why? Because I might suddenly feel the need to, okay pal?! I've seen the future, you know what it is? It's a 47-year old virgin sitting around in his space-pyjamas, drinking a banana-brocolli shake, singing 'I'm an Oscar Mayer Weenie!'

9. solarte1969

solarte1969 ....

Refer to my original post--there is no harm in tapiong someone to a goalpost. A broomstick up the rectum is COMPLETELY different.

It's not bullying...It's rite of passage.

I too, PF, am tired of this thing too. He didn't get hurt. No one got hurt--until he gets smoked by someone in a drill for being a crybaby. End of discussion.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2004
  10. stratocatter

stratocatter Full Access Member

These are defensive linemen we're talking about, not golfers. Football players, not....well, you get the point. If the team leaders (there are others besides Buck) think it's hurting the team they will do something about it.

Or....

From the Foxhole:

On this morning's practice:

On team morale: Dr Phil really knows his stuff, and we are lucky to have him here this week. It's only fun in this league when you feel like an equal, not a victim, and we are taking steps to improve in that area.

Injuries: the sensitivity trainers are telling me we won't have Buck back this week, but are hoping he's ready for the opener. He's watching lots of Oprah in the meantime, so we think he'll be ready. It is what it is.

Yada yada yada....
    ________
    ford d2c platform history