1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

panthers fighting

Discussion in 'Carolina Panthers' started by buck nasty, Aug 17, 2004.

1. buck nasty

buck nasty Full Access Member

lets hope so.

2. Clay

Clay Full Access Member

And lots of winning teams do. The Panthers, for instance.

And regarding the pussy thing:

1) You don't know me, so you really can't say that
    2) Technically I didn't call you a pussy, I said you were acting like one.
    3) You just called me a coward. That's soooooo much more mature.

3. buck nasty

i can call y'all pussies cause the holler i live in only has one way in, and i think we're the only family whose tree has branches. and if you don't live up in here, everybody knows when you come up the road, and if anything happens, you ain't gettin out.

4. PantherFanz

PantherFanz Go Panthers

QUOTE=buck nasty]i can call y'all pussies cause the holler i live in only has one way in, and i think we're the only family whose tree has branches. and if you don't live up in here, everybody knows when you come up the road, and if anything happens, you ain't gettin out.[/QUOTE]

Can you say squeal... :tdo3:

5. buck nasty

lol. now notice, i didn't call anybody a pussy, i just said i could. i would try not to do that if at all possible.

6. solarte1969

solarte1969 ....

Harmless Hazing - goalpost taping, fight song singing, carrying vets gear, getting vets drinks and none for yourself, gatorade bath while taped to goalpost.

Harmful Hazing - whacking a kid in the face with a board, anything that is "invasive" (see Builder for clarification), whacking players with socks filled with coins (I think Cam Cleeland actually suffered a concussio in that with New Orleans).

Strong should have fought out of the tape (if he felt like he was special and not one of the d-linemen), but swinging at Buck was WAY outta line. If you don't like the haze, then get out of the haze. Pick a fight with a teammate because of it? That is just low rent in my opinion.

incidentally, those that decry hazing are usually guys/girls that either:

A-hated it when it happened to them or
    B-never made the final cuts for teams they tried out for.

And if you think hazing on Mens teams is bad, you don't want to hear womens hazing stories.....far worse.

7. PantherPaul

PantherPaul Nap Enthusiasts

I reread the original article and didn't see where the "pissing" came from. I don't see taping another person to a goal post as a big thing. However if it's obvious the guy isn't going along then mybe find something else to initiate him into the league. While I like Steve Smith, I imagine if he were on another team with his history we would be lambasting him

8. Thelt

Thelt Full Access Member

If the person being hazed is not going along with it then it should not take place. Obviously Strong was not going along with it but Buckner would not drop it. That is why there was a fight. Buckner was in the wrong on this one.

stop hazing

Last edited: Aug 18, 2004
  9. chipshot

chipshot Full Access Member

if the rook had just laughed like everyone else there would be absolutely no problem

10. buck nasty

realizing he wouldn't make the team anyway, maybe he felt like 'why the hell should i go through this?' would getting in a fight with a team leader in this situation keep other teams from picking him up when he gets cut, assuming anyone had interest.