1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

panthers fighting

Discussion in 'Carolina Panthers' started by buck nasty, Aug 17, 2004.

1. Thelt

Thelt Full Access Member

Lots of winning teams do not allow hazing.

You are too much of a coward to call someone a pussy unless it is over the internet.

2. rake

rake Need one of these

I doubt that this is preferential and biased type hazing and that is the stuff that is so dangerous. This sounds like the run of the mill harmless child’s play that every team does to a degree. As long as EVERY guy has to go through it as his initiation into the organization then it’s no big deal and should not be treated like one. If one guy is singled out and ridden beyond the standard limits then it’s a different story . . . unless it’s a dickhead like Winslow. He and Eli Manning should have to put up with more of it because they are spoiled pricks.:D

As far as Smitty is concerned – I wouldn’t let him get beyond a brief blowup with anyone. He already has a problem with that so why allow opportunities for things to escalate into possible emergency room visits law suits, etc etc. I think it’s pretty fuckin irresponsible of our staff to let that go on for as long as it apparently went on. That should have been diffused immediately. Anybody else who is NOT an irreplaceable and/or extremely expensive component of this seasons team by all means let them get heated and slug it out for a while.

3. two-six

two-six yes, i carved this

this is the dumbest thing i've ever heard. no shit.

bottom line. strong is a pussy and needs to go to asia and smoke with ricky.

4. wossa

wossa Not a ********* any more

NO

He fought back - that makes him not a pussy.

Crying to the press or mommy or filing a grievance with the league would make him a pussy.

5. PantherFanz

PantherFanz Go Panthers

You disgrace Worf, Son of Mogh.......Revenge, tactic of thieves and the dishonorable....Take off the picture....

6. buck nasty

buck nasty Full Access Member

getting taped to the goalpost and drenched in gatorade does not equal drinking a fifth of liquor, getting beat up, or being humiliated. would it really hurt you if you knew julius went through it. do you want the rook line players to stop taking the vets out to dinner also? now, if the guys were getting hurt, or humiliated, or really hazed i would agree with you. but this is more symbolic and something symbolic needs to happen. now maybe this strong guy has some sort of panic disorder or something and just freaked out. if it was me, i would have made it as easy as possible, knowing i wasn't going to be hurt in any way. in real hazing, you don't know, you could die.

7. Thelt

Thelt Full Access Member

Where do you draw the line between "real" hazing and "harmless" hazing? Right now it is left up to the hazers.

8. Thelt

Thelt Full Access Member

I wanna see them try to tape Worf to a goal post. Our DL would have a hard time tackling anyone with no arms.....

9. buck nasty

buck nasty Full Access Member

from reading all the articles this morning it seems everyone down there is getting real testy. maybe not the best time to do the taping. buckner slamming him to the ground and stuff is probably not part of the ritual, but just pent up shit from camp, and probably wasn't cool. but maybe its important for him to keep his role as leader. i'm not a 300 lb dl, so i don't know how that works. in other news burton has a torn meniscus that may need surgery, and we're so beat up at dl that omari jordan is playing with the first time and branch had a concussion in the game against the skins

10. Thelt

Thelt Full Access Member

Maybe they will take it out on the Giants.