1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Panthers/Falcons game day thread~

Discussion in 'Carolina Panthers' started by Wp28, Oct 16, 2011.

1. magnus

magnus Chump-proof

anywhere I lay my head I'm gonna call my home
    I don't know that you can lose 31-17 and it not have various faults to it. I mean, honestly I thought Cam had one of his 'better' games on average (comp%, 3rd downs) in the things he would need to step his game up with, but 3 INT and a 44 rating isn't good enough (not happy with 2 or 3 overthrows of the dumpoff guy too). The line gave up 2 sacks and Newton took some hits. Our backs had less rushing than Newton did individually. There are negatives all over.

2. Shrapnel

Shrapnel Stinky

This is all anyone needs to know

3. meatpile

meatpile 7-9

This - and in a big division game on the road.

4. gottalaff

gottalaff Smartass

Missed it by just...this...much. :smoke:

5. y2b

y2b King of QC

I still think they are asking too much from Cam right now... there's so much pressure on this Offense to score TD's, not FG's....every time they have the ball because out Defense sucks so bad. They are really pressing as if they can't depend on the Defense at all!!

The Defense sucks. The fans know it, the coaches know it, other teams know it.... the locker room knows it

Cam is a rookie and it's like the team expects him to be Labron James... but right now, he's playing more like Rick James

6. Collin

Collin soap and water

The defense had only given up 17 points until seven minutes left in the game, and they held Atlanta below their season average in yards. The turnovers are why the Falcons scored 31, not poor play by the defense. I have no idea what game you guys think you watched.

7. PantherPaul

PantherPaul Nap Enthusiasts

Doesn't help the Panthers are next to last in in the league in rushing yards allowed. Opposing QBs don't have to make as many plays when we have a turnstile in the middle

8. law1ng2b2

law1ng2b2 Full Access Member

This is the impression i get too. It's as if they are looking at Cam to make the plays needed to win these games. Maybe it's because he expects to make them and they know it. I don't know.

Here's the scary stat of the day for this week:

19/23

Our average starting field position was our own 19 yard line. Our BEST field position of the day was our own 23. It is difficult to expect anyone, much less a rookie with little or no help from the running game, to drive the length of the field over and over again to get TDs.

The Falcons were also 7 for 11 on third down and over the last two weeks, teams are 19 of 28 on 3rd down. That is a staggering 68% clip. The 3rd and 12 to Douglas yesterday was a freaking killer. Make a freaking play and get off the field.

9. Collin

Collin soap and water

That play is a perfect example of what I mean. The D was in the right coverage, they called a nice DL twist that got Ryan hit just as he was releasing the ball, and the guy on Douglas was in good position. It was just a perfect throw that would have beaten any defense.

10. Wp28

Wp28 I had that dream again...

Not getting all the bashing suddenly, it took Fox/Hurney a few years to totally Fuck up the roster, it wasn't going to be fixed in 6 games. this team is young and seemingly void of true veteran talent.. the one's who were good (on defense) got hurt.

add in a rookie head coach who is going to have to go through some growing pains and you have what you have.. shouldn't be expecting more then 3-4 wins.