1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Panthers/Eagles game thread

Discussion in 'Carolina Panthers' started by Wp28, Aug 17, 2007.

1. chipshotx

chipshotx Full Access Member

Biddle had 3 receptions in two games, Colbert had 5 all season. Colbert sucks.

2. Black&Blue

Black&Blue NKW

I have a hard time believing Taye can play X receiver in the NFL. At least Colbert has some strength that he can work with. Biddle is pretty much good for an occasional 9 route or receiver screen.

3. magnus

magnus Chump-proof

anywhere I lay my head I'm gonna call my home
    Heard and seen many of those same things before now, and certainly have seen same. Of course, it's hard to tell whether a guy sees a receiver and won't pull the trigger or just doesn't see a guy, but he does hold the ball too long.

4. Collin

Collin soap and water

Me either, but my hopes for him are more focused on 2008 anyway. My problem with the criticism is that it seemed the exact opposite of what Carr's actual issues seem to be.

5. Piper

Piper phishin member

Not very much that makes one feel good inside from this game.

Jake made two bad throws, throws he's made before. I don't think he was staring them down, but they were bad reads and he didn't gun them. On the Lito pick, he did that vs KC in 04, NO in 05. Corners playing off coverage have a habit of trying to jump that route. The big play to start the Dallas game in 03, Newman tried that and whiffed. That's happened a few other times, but I don't think those balls floated as badly.

DB play was awful, not just from corners. That's Gamble's responsibility in a cover 3, and he was slow to react. Now, the safety took an awful angle on his help, but I believe the zone responsibility is Gamble. He needs to get deeper.

Eugene was commenting that everyone seemed to be on the same level in the cover 3, which would indicate that nobody was retreating deep enough. Sounds like some thought it was man.

I think Bunkley just gave our interior line fits, period, and that was the biggest difference. He may end up being the real disruptive player I thought he would.

OverallI'd burn the tape.

6. catamount36

catamount36 Full Access Member

at least hoover is still consistent.:229031_hail:

7. magnus

magnus Chump-proof

anywhere I lay my head I'm gonna call my home
    yep. Not even that the ball got away from him. He could've put more on it, yes. He just tried to force something that wasn't there.

yep. Harris wasn't on him, but both guys should've been more upfield. I can only guess Gamble guessed on the WR and then realized he needed to follow the TE a second too late, but shit camera work

Eugene was commenting that everyone seemed to be on the same level in the cover 3, which would indicate that nobody was retreating deep enough. Sounds like some thought it was man.

Howard and the young kid - Thomas? are really strong, too. Osi's good, but there's no question that Osi without Strahan means that Osi's not able to get through some of his tricks.

yep. If people want to see any notes I have from two series, they're at the Lair, or I can post them if anyone really wants. But they're ugly.

8. dig-it

dig-it Wait'n On That Post Rookie Deal

I`d really like to see our secondary wrapup and tackle once they are in position. Do they not teach that at the pro level because it should have been taught at a lower level? I just believe Gamble is a afraid he`ll get hurt.

9. hasbeen99

hasbeen99 Fighting the stereotype

That's more than can be said for Colbert.

10. hasbeen99

hasbeen99 Fighting the stereotype

One could guess that might be one of the reasons Rod Perry was replaced with Tim Lewis this offseason. But they sure don't look any different yet.