1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Panthers/Cardinals game day thread

Discussion in 'Carolina Panthers' started by Wp28, Sep 11, 2011.

1. Collin

Collin soap and water

Appreciate the thoughts. :cheers2:

2. Jaz

Jaz Full Access Member

Yeah nenee was pretty worthless out there. Ha zero positive plays. Bad job blocking and didn't run good routes. Liked what I saw from Lafell though.

3. Collin

Collin soap and water

Bill Simmons:
    "I watched that Cards-Panthers game pretty closely last week and came away convinced that those are two of the five worst teams in the league: Arizona's secondary would have been the single worst thing I witnessed on Sunday if not for the final episode of Entourage, and Carolina was such a mess defensively that it made Kevin Kolb look somewhat competent (making matters worse, the Panthers lost Jon Beason for the season). But because they played each other, it seems like bettors mistakenly came away thinking, "Arizona might be back with Kolb!" and "Carolina's offense is gonna be exciting this year with Cam Newton and Steve Smith!" which is why both of their Week 2 lines landed three points too low. You'll see."

4. dig-it

dig-it Wait'n On That Post Rookie Deal

:beatdeadhorse5:

5. y2b

y2b King of QC

I see your point... bad coverage pretty common theme around the league week 1... but we've played bad coverage teams in the past and still looked like shit

Cam made the throws, hit the open man, and took what the defense gave him... been a long time since we had someone that could even do that... not every pass he made was to a wide open guy, and several incompletes were drops where he hit the guy in the hands... but no one is saying he played the perfect game.

Give this guy a running game, balance it up and Cam is more then capable of playing in this league. After one week, he looks just like he's looked at every level...

He only had the best game any rookie QB ever had on opening day... that in itself is no small feat

6. Laceration

Laceration Full Access Member

The Panthers and Cardinals played better than themselves.

Old Spice

7. Abusive

Abusive Fuck yo blanket

There are only two people on the NFL scene worth a shit, in terms of quality analysis:

Greg Cosell
    Pat Kirwan

The rest is just fluff and misinformation.

8. magnus

magnus Chump-proof

anywhere I lay my head I'm gonna call my home
    yeah I don't expect that every week, but if he can have poise, and work within the system and be coached well, he's doing his job and doing it well. I don't get defending that Clausen, who was like 50% completion from under 5 yards, and having issues with this performance.

And yeah I think I read PFF had us with 5 drops this week.

9. buck nasty

buck nasty Full Access Member

last ditch effort at being correct. looking forward to a breakdown of every failure on every play if cam struggles, lots of quoteing old threads, proof positive...a dissertation on correctness.

10. magnus

magnus Chump-proof

anywhere I lay my head I'm gonna call my home
    I'm sure there will be room to criticize. Should anyone not remember Cam is one game into his career, things will go downhill.