1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Panther Offense ?

Discussion in 'Carolina Panthers' started by QC REPRESENT, Jan 3, 2006.

1. QC REPRESENT

QC REPRESENT Full Access Member

I know the falcons rolled over on Sunday and everything worked for the Panthers, but the offense seemed more creative. there have been others on here who have asked if the Panthers have been holding out, going vanilla.

what do you think? just a gameplan for ATL or playoff form. I remember in 2003 some offense came out of nowhere in the playoffs.

2. buck nasty

buck nasty Full Access Member

drew has made 1 big play impact in each game he's played in. besides that, he has to be accounted for down the field. i think we can do some things with that even if he's a decoy 90% of the time.

if jake catches fire again, we could make a deep run, big if.

3. magnus

magnus Chump-proof

anywhere I lay my head I'm gonna call my home
    Sometimes this team over-corrects. They did it against Buffalo, too. You have problems so you throw out some things and start in another direction, but tend back toward where you came from. Along the way, you finally stop doing a couple things.

It does seem like Dapper Dan does open things up more toward the end of the year - why? I mean, it's not like they can't open things up in week 5, that's 3 months after the start of camp. All the same, I don't think there's really that much sandbagging. He takes a shot or two here or there - occasionally, for some reason, he'll "add" a play that "wasn't there" before.

Which I have a very hard time believing that a pump fake slant and a run counter aren't in the playbook, so the whole thing's written on salt.

4. QC REPRESENT

over-correcting is the word(s). the shot here and there I like.and the play that wasnt there before too. not Deshaun Foster trying to throw a TD pass. to a degree they did it vs ATL the first time, even though that was off of a win. who knows. ATL could be to Foster what the Redskins were to Timmy B.(seen his name around this board for the first in a long time lately)

maybe a main goal was to beat ATL, at all cost given the history.

5. sockittome16

sockittome16 Full Access Member

if Foster runs for 70 yards, I think we'll beat the Giants. It's pretty obvious that our success depends on how well the running game is. If the running game does well the passing game opens up. I like those quick passes to Smith and letting him run. But now we have to play teams that are good.

6. QC REPRESENT

every time they do that route to smith I ask how long until someone INT's that shit?

7. chipshot

chipshot Full Access Member

After a quick look (could be wrong), it seems that our success is more closely tied to our abillity to stop the run more than our abillity to run. It appears that for every loss we allowed the opposing team over 100 and every win we kept them under as a team.

8. GRWatcher

GRWatcher Member

Statesville>>>north of Charlotte, west of Winston-
    I think I've posted it here, definitely on other boards. :twocents:

John Fox game plans differently for the playoffs than the regular season. He considered the Atlanta game the beginning of the playoffs for the Panthers, rightly so. The same thing happened in 2003 so you should not be surprised. We had a different game plan for Dallas, St Louis, and Philly. Different wrinkles. The 2 best coaches in the NFL were in that Super Bowl.

Fox is one of the masters during the playoffs. You WILL see new plays on offense and defense and ST's. Not all of them will work. Where during the season he may leave in a struggling player, he is less likely to in the playoffs. He will make changes on the fly but he won't take big chances. He will challenge his players to be the best they can be and they will respond. They know that if they do everything Fox asks them to, they will win. He will challenge his coaches to scheme better than the other team. He is playing the Super Bowl in every game. No holds barred, all signals on go.

Do not doubt the man's brilliance. The opposing coach will talk about how good Smitty is or Peppers. But who they really are afraid of is John Fox.

Did anyone see Julius Peppers on the Panthers Huddle show before the Atlanta game? Mixon asked him how he came through the Dallas line untouched on that refs-stole-one-from-us blocked field goal. His answer >> "We'd been setting them up for that the entire game." Now how brilliant is that??!! :229031_ha

All we fans need to do is BELIEVE in our coach and our team because they have this under control. They are going to go to balmy Meadowlands and win that game. :20_3_5: