1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

"Packman" is a complete dick

Discussion in 'SportsTalk' started by tenaciousD90, Sep 9, 2003.

1. metro

metro Charlotte49erfootballfan

yes he was wrong about the leaving part. the Hornets shot themselves in the foot and I think Packer just said what the whole city was feeling. I dont think he added fuel. Thank god they are gone, lets hope these new guys do things right. As of now this city is TOTALLY didinterested in the NBA and Bobcats, as you can see in the lack of posts. I was a huge Hornets fan too. Its too bad the whole thing was botched and Shinn was so stubborn and really sad New Orleans was stupid enough to give them the ranch, otherwise Shinn would of been forced to sell.

2. QC REPRESENT

QC REPRESENT Full Access Member

packer didn't even talk about the Hornets until the whole relocation thing came about. he hates the NBA because they dont play with an oblong ball with a SEC stamp on it.That and because his diddy doesn't like it either. Only time the Hornets were discussed was when DeLong and Richard Walker were on and people would call and ask questions. Then its right back to breaking down the Alabama/LSU game or whatever. As someone pointed out the show can be good but they dont seem to plan anything. Lets have ______ come in here and say something stupid to "stir the pot" and Packer John-Boys the rest of the show. His problem is they aren't local enough. When the "good people from the upstate" call in it just waters the show down. Not because they are dumb but they don't want to hear about the Hornets or Bobcats anymore than we want to talk Clemson football all day.

3. metro

qc, I got to take issue with you. Pack talks about "wherever you wanna go" and I give him credit for being a caller driven show. He talked about the Hornets plenty and had Silas, Cuban, and the 76ers gm on all the time. hoops dominated his airwaves from Jan-april.

4. QC REPRESENT

QC REPRESENT Full Access Member

fair enough. he did have Silas on but other than that he would never talk about the games. I hate to even type this but that was the only good thing Gerry V did well. And yes Packer does let the callers run the show but he leads them onto a certain path. And Cuban,Croche were great but those guys lived in other states. Thats what I am trying to say.And the hoops talk is usually the same old tired Duke/UNC/State bashing. PS:ever noticed that after the relo vote Cuban has never really been back on?

5. Guest

Guest Full Access Member

No offense, but I hated the BUZZ. I was unfortunate enough to commute to Raleigh for a year. Those idiots ignored the Panthers and Hornets as if Raleigh was too good to talk about Pro sports in Charlotte. The only play the Hornets received was when Shinn/Wooley moved the team. Then they blamed Charlotte. Bunch of damn idiots up there on that station. Sorry Solarte.

6. Ssstern

Ssstern Do Unto Other as You...

So you like the ESPN guys on in the late morning and afternoon. So far today, Tony has talked about John Ritter and Johnny Cash let alone a bunch of other non-sports related topics. Dan Patrick has discussed Mariah Carey being in the studio and why the call Bristol "The Campus" and who would make better politicians, athletes or actors. Lotta sports going on there.:rolleyes:

7. metro

tony k sucks so bad it is laughable. he must have pictures of somebody. he is so illiterate on sports.

8. batgrafix

batgrafix hannle yo biddness

I also liked Jim Noble...

9. solarte1969

solarte1969 ....

Riddel....

We didn't talk much about the Hornets in Raleigh as that market was obviously ACC driven. We did talk about the Panthers, in fact I used to have radio guys from the panthers upcoming opponents on my show and talk about the game and make friendly wagers with them. It wasn't a matter that Raleigh was too good for Charlotte, just different, and we covered our local teams (UNC, NCSU, DUKE, HURRICANES, etc..) in the same manner that the MSP and Packer cover Panthers, Bobcats, and ACC, SEC football.

I wasn't offended by your remarks, just thought I should pass along our philosophy (when I was there).

Thanks!

10. batgrafix

batgrafix hannle yo biddness

Primetime with the Florida Gators sucks ass.

Just turn it on now and tell me they don't talk about the Gators at least once every 10 minutes.

I wonder if they'll talk about that little panthers game vs. the World champions this sunday...

If we had a show in this market that talked about the Panthers on a regular basis and teams that people cared about, it'd get great ratings.

This shit is boring as hell.