1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Otah

Discussion in 'Carolina Panthers' started by Wp28, Apr 26, 2008.

1. McFly41

McFly41 Work Hard...PLAY HARDER!

We'll need some depth at DT, at least guys to occupy blockers to keep our LB's free, the pass rush is more of a concern to me. Lewis gets up the field and gets after the QB, and some think he's no help against the run...but he is somewhat disruptive there. Kemo is strictly there to occupy space and get push, he's good for nothing else. We need more there tocontinue to stop the run.
    We need a better pass rush, PERIOD. However, with the gus available right now, DT is looking like a better value. I am not thrilled with the DE prospects we'e looking at at 67 and 74. Moore and Morgan wouldn't be bad, but that leaves us without a DE.

2. John Fux

John Fux my name is john fux and

3. Thelt

Thelt Full Access Member

They will probably use the two third round picks to draft two more running backs.

4. John Fux

:euro:

5. Trashman1962

Trashman1962 Full Access Member

Not really:

Offensive Line: Gross 27, Wharton 26, Kalil 23, Otah 21, Bridges 28, Hangartner 26.

Defensive Line: Peppers 28, Brayton 28, Charles Johnson 21, Lewis 30, Kemo 29, McGlover 23,

Defensive Backs: Gamble 25, Harris 25, Holt 28, Lucas 29, Marshall 23, Salley 24

Running Backs: Stewart 21, Williams 25, Goings 30, Hoover 31, Toefield 27

Wide Receiver: Smith 28, Hackett 26, Jarrett 21, Moose 34

Tight End: King 25, Rosaria 23, Faurio 36

As you noted, Linebacker: Anderson 24, Davis, 25, Beason 23, Seward 25, Diggs 29

We are in excellent shape overall as a team with regards to the age of our players, and especially the age of our best players. Delhomme is 33 so finding his replacement is huge, but he still should be able to give us 2-3 good years so it's not desparation (except for injury). I guess you did say "somewhat", but imho we don't have any positions other than Jake that we have age worries any time in the near future.

6. John Fux

[​IMG]

7. Collin

Collin soap and water

Keep in mind that this is the NFL and not a regular business. 25-28 is middle aged.

8. tj21

tj21 Moderator

Collin, you summed it up best while ago when you said, "ignorance is bliss".

9. Purrsy

Purrsy Full Access Member

So they must've really loved on Stewart.

They said about trading up to get Otah, that that's how much they felt about him...they loved him that much. However, we drafted Stewart ahead of him. So, would we have given up next year's first to drat Stewart, too? I mean, really!?

10. Trashman1962

Trashman1962 Full Access Member

If you want to stand by the comment that this team is getting old everywhere but linebacker then we will just have to disagree. The ages of our key players are there to look at. We are not anywhere near having to rebuild due to age at Running back, Defensive Back, Tight End, or the Offensive Line.