1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Otah

Discussion in 'Carolina Panthers' started by Wp28, Apr 26, 2008.

1. Trashman1962

Trashman1962 Full Access Member

We swapped next years 1st for a first this year. Then we gave up our 2nd and 4th this year. Sure we might have made a better deal, but I really don't see how it's a mortgage the future type thing. It's just a 2nd and a 4th.

2. Piper

Piper phishin member

That's basically what Hurfox believes, what they are betting their careers on.

Stewart has to be special. Not just a good back. The Giants got a good back in round 7 last year. There will be solid guys at running back yet to be drafted. He needs to be special.

I pimped Otah predraft at 13, so obviously I'm not upset at having him on my team. But for this to work, he has to be worth it, Stewart needs to be a special guy.

I'll say I have no idea one way or another if he will be. Hope so. We need a playmaker. I'd love to buy his jersey and see him tear it up week one vs San Diego.

3. Purrsy

Purrsy Full Access Member

Trash, the overall price for a RB and a RT was tremendous. We gave up more than the other teams did to move up. It was discussed by the pundits as well. We got buttfucked, bro. They better be damn fine players.

4. Trashman1962

We did not give anything up for a RB, we just drafted him with our 13th pick. You can argue the choice of players, but we did not give anything up for him.

We swapped our 2009 1st round pick for the 19th pick in 2008, and then gave up a 2nd and a 4th to get a OT. Watch who's picked and our picks in the 2nd and 4th, and let's see who we get with our two 3s. I am not saying it was an awesome deal, just saying imho you guys are making it out to be worse than it is.

5. PantherPaul

PantherPaul Nap Enthusiasts

I wonder if it ever occured to Hurney to swap with Buffalo in the first for a lot less than the trade we did make. We would have gotten Clady and came back in the second and selected Ray Rice

6. Trashman1962

I would have been happy with that.

Going over pick values, best I can tell we basically gave up a high 2nd round pick in terms of value by giving a future 1, 2nd and 4th. That's based on our future 1 being a later pick.

7. Purrsy

WEll, at least you didnt let me get away with sticking Stewart in there as a package deal, because I was absolutely throwing him in there for effect.

8. Trashman1962

Picking Stewart when we needed an OT certainly caused the trade to get Otah. I do agree that if Stewart is not a Stud then we fucked up bad. If Stewart is a stud and with Otah we regain our ability to run the football effectively then we will all be happy cause we'll be competing for a championship again.

9. Purrsy

If we can rush the passer and stop the run, and so far, we've gotten much worse than we were last year, and we were bad last year.

We signed no one extra except fucking Brayton.

We will HAVE to sign a Walker, Coleman, or Scott at DT, and now hope like hell one of our bodies at DE all of a sudden can compete in the NFL.

Glad we got Landon Johnson, because hes a rangy guy who gets tackles, and we'll need it more than ever this year.

10. Thelt

Thelt Full Access Member

Siefert did not get a first round pick but still decided to come here I hope Cowher will do the same next year. Watching the Eagles draft in the top ten while we wait until the second round will be painful though.