1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Otah

Discussion in 'Carolina Panthers' started by Wp28, Apr 26, 2008.

1. Trashman1962

Trashman1962 Full Access Member

A move from 43 to 19 is pretty big, I don't think that type jump happens with anyone without a late 1st this year or a future first. We would have had to give up both #3's, I think the 2-4 is better than both 3's. We have the 4th and 11th pics on the second day of the draft. We should get good players there.

I really don't think it matters as much as to where the pick is next year, but who it is we potentially gave up. Compare that player to Otah and then make your judgement.

2. Trashman1962

I don't think it about asses being on the line. It's about putting a team together that competes for a championship. The #3s are 4 and 11 and overall we still have 7 draft picks to go along with two First Rounders.

3. UNCfever

UNCfever Full Access Member

No doubt thats a big jump. So this year our #1 was at 13. So our team should be better without question, but there is still a chance it's not. We know the value of the #2 and #4 this year. The gamble is where that #1 is for next year. In my mind if it's anywhere from 25ish and up, this trade cost us too much. I would say imo, we would have to be one of the final 4 teams standing for this trade to make sense.

I just think it was a trade to try and save their job.

4. Trashman1962

I really think it still boils down to Jake Delhomme. If he returns and is healthy then imho we will be very good. If he goes down then it will likely be a long season.

5. Collin

Collin soap and water

There's not really even a need to debate whether or not we gave up too much for the #19 pick. We unquestionably did, but it's done and we can't change that. The only thing we can hope for now is that Otah turns out to be a hell of lot better than just a solid RT, and that Stewart was somehow worth the #13 pick.

6. UNCfever

UNCfever Full Access Member

Exactly, and that's a big question mark for us. I would have to think though with us trading the number 2 pick as well, then they must think Jake is healthy. I also have some major concerns about our D line though.

7. Purrsy

Purrsy Full Access Member

Im scared, I really am for this team's future. A back, and a RT for THAT GODDAMN MUCH!???

Its terrible.

I like Otah. Hes raw...and maybe in a few years, he'll be a monster and a pro bowler. But he needs work in pass pro. He'll have problems with fast ends....he'll never play LT because of that. It moves Gross into LT, which he's not that good at....

Stewart, I dunno. If he's Jamal Lewis reborn in his prime, fine. BUt if he's Shelton?

He ran in that spread O, man, and he had all that room with college defenses. Its going to be so different here. Hes a guy with injury marks, who doesnt avoid contact, who will play against NFL fronts, complex defenses.....Jesus, I dont know, man. Carolina obviously crushed on him.

8. Purrsy

Purrsy Full Access Member

Well, if Jake goes down we at least have 2 1st round backs to go to, and DeAngelo can play QB pretty well too, as long as its against ATL.

9. Trashman1962

Yeah, pre-draft I was thinking about a 2 first round splash, but I was thinking in terms of Clady at 13 and then trading back into the first round for a DE or a DT it the right player was there. Do you see drafting Stewart as a statement to Deangelo that we don't have a lot of faith in him, or is it simply the same old "need 2 good backs" thing....ie the elusive back and the power back?

10. McFly41

McFly41 Work Hard...PLAY HARDER!

Need 2 backs, just not sold that we couldn't have gotten that guy in the 2nd or 3rd round and not sold out next years #1.

But...IT IS WHAT IT IS!:freak: