1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

One more time, gbn draft excersize

Discussion in 'Carolina Panthers' started by Piper, Apr 20, 2006.

1. vpkozel

vpkozel Professional Calvinballer

http://www.thisboardrocks.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1460473&postcount=28

:trophy: Next...

2. Collin

Collin soap and water

Note that grid brought it up first by insulting my intelligence (calling me a "moron," etc). Seriously, you guys talk about my intelligence all the time. It's probably like 10 times as much as I talk about it myself. I'm far, far more likely to talk about how little intelligence someone else has. :supergrin

3. CelticCat

CelticCat ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED

4. hasbeen99

hasbeen99 Fighting the stereotype

He's been having a lot of those outside UT lately. In yesterday's event, he couldn't hit the broad side of a barn at 60 yards, and he didn't even throw the longest ball on three tries.

5. Proprietor

Proprietor Family feeder

Learn the lesson I had to learn: ignore anyone here that you see as a problem. Otherwise, you're going to end up with a 9-page calamity, re: who knows more about the long snapper from New Mexico Tech.

Before you know it, you look up and realize that the once tame thread has turned into a referendum on who qualifies as TBR's most skilled couch-GM. Let Collin be right, b/c he probably is. And when he isn't, it's not worth the trouble.

6. Wp28

Wp28 I had that dream again...

7. Collin

Collin soap and water

http://www.nfl.com/draft/drafttracker/position/QB
    This lists both with a 6.0, but it describes Young as having the stronger arm. And for the record, I wouldn't have a problem with them being rated equally. I think Young has the stronger arm, but it's not as if either are all that close to Cutler in that respect.
    Well dude, when you make statements like how Croyle "has the strongest arm in this years class," that just makes your opinions look bad. Either you said that because you don't know any better, which would just make you ignorant (not a problem because ignorance can always be fixed, like how I look up stuff regarding basketball). But if you actually have seen all the QBs and still came to the conclusion that Croyle had the strongest arm in the class (including Cutler), then that just means you have shitty judgment, and that can't be corrected as easily.
    *shrug* I disagree. Certainly wind and technique play a part, but it's more than that. Distance varies from day to day just like a major league pitcher's mph on his fastball.

So basically:
    #1) Croyle does not have the strongest arm in the class. That was a clearly incorrect statement.

#2) If you believe that Croyle has a stronger arm than Young, I'm fine with that. I disagree, but it's not clearly wrong as with #1. I would suggest that you use more substantive evidence for your argument than a skills competition, though.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2006
  8. BWI-Panther

BWI-Panther Full Access Member

Almost scared to get inolved here because I know jack shit about college ball, but my Sporting News Draft guide, under "Strongest Arm" -

Brodie Croyle, Alabama
    "Puts outstanding velocity on every throw but needs to take a little off underneath." (page 14)

9. Collin

Collin soap and water

That's the kind of thing one could use as evidence, although the fact that everyone else in the universe besides TSN says that Cutler has the strongest arm would still make TSN wrong.

and because NFL.com lists both with a 6.0, I shouldn't have said that sites list Young with the "clearly" stronger arm. I took that from their descriptions, perhaps because they conformed with my view, but I didn't look at the numerical values.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2006
  10. CelticCat

CelticCat ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED

Oh snap, fuck the fuck off. Nice spin there Spinny McSpin.

Your using the same article i mentioned. It does not say that Young has better arm strength than Croyle at all. They are rated the same (both good and can make all the throws when they step up). Maybe you're confused with the 7 they gave Young for Strength. But that has more to do with his body type and sack evasion than throwing the ball.

Now your reaching. My comment that Croyle "Seems" (nice that you left that word out in your quote) to have the strongest arm was made in reference to your Cutler hype machine comment. I was asking why Croyle didnt receive some of that considering he has a strong arm too.

I left Cutler out of this arguement entirely for two reasons. One, ive never seen him play and two he appears to have the unanimously strongest arm in the draft by all the experts (not to mention he never took part in said challenge).

Cant say i know a whole lot about baseball but maybe that has more to do with having a shagged arm. Since you know they dont always get the required rest period.