1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

One more time, gbn draft excersize

Discussion in 'Carolina Panthers' started by Piper, Apr 20, 2006.

1. Collin

Collin soap and water

The constant Namath comparisons are driving me batty, and I'm certainly no fan of Namath.

2. CelticCat

CelticCat ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED

Ive been wondering why there hasnt been more Croyle hype. Seems he has the strongest arm in this years class.

3. Collin

Collin soap and water

:umno:he doesn't. Croyle's arm strength is decent, but nothing above average.

4. CelticCat

Better than Leinert, Young and Olson, that's for damn sure.

5. Collin

Collin soap and water

No, not really. Leinart's arm is at least equal to Croyle's, while Young's is stronger than either.

6. CelticCat

Fraid not. Croyle proved it at one of those ESPN college challenges after the Super Bowl.

7. Collin

Collin soap and water

If you ever intend to be taken seriously, you need to judge players by their actual games and not the ESPN skills challenge. According to the NFL version, Delhomme has the strongest arm in the league (although the top QBs didn't participate, and neither did Leinart in the college version). Seriously, read any scouting report you choose and I'm sure they will say that Young has a stronger arm than Croyle.

8. CelticCat

And if you want everything you say to be considered gospel you should check YOUR facts before offering an opinion as gold.

Delhomme did NOT have the strongest arm in the event i assume you're talking about. And while not all the QB's took part it did show that Delhomme had a stronger arm than many assumed.

I know Leinert didnt participate but Drew Olson and Young did. I figured it would be safe to assume that you believed Young had a stronger arm than
    Leinert. Or am i being too presumptive?

Why dont you admit you were wrong and move along rather than trying to play it off like ive never seen Young, Leinert, Olson or Croyle play football before. The proof was in the pudding. You want to argue leadership, pocket presence or some other trait that's another matter. They all put their arms on show and Croyle came out on top. Seriously, move along, i dont have to prove or read anything, they did it themselves.

9. McFly41

McFly41 Work Hard...PLAY HARDER!

WATCH YERSELF, my son's name is Brody and he is horribly underrated.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2006
  10. Collin

Collin soap and water

I did check my facts, chief. I looked at actual scouting reports from several sites to confirm what I thought, that Croyle isn't considered to have an arm much above average, and that Young's is considered stronger.
    CC, you get yourself in trouble like this everytime you pretend that you actually know something. Don't you understand how laughable it is for you to pretend that a televised skills challenge proves who has the strongest arm better than the actual games themselves? You look like an idiot, and while I know that you're pretty much used to that by now, it gets really embarrassing when you make it worse by acting like you honestly believe the crap you're spewing. Seriously, it makes you look flat out retarded.

Reasons why you can't use a college skills competition to say that Croyle has a stronger arm than Young:
    #1) Because distance throws vary from day to day. A couple of times I've been able to crack 60 yards myself, but most of the time I'm 50-55. That's why you'd need to look at a larger sample for anything of this sort.

#2) Because total distance is not what scouts and teams are referring to when they talk about arm strength. How far a guy can throw when he has a running start and can put his whole body in the throw tells you almost nothing about a guy's ability to play quarterback in an actual game. That's why you need to actually look at game film instead of laughably basing your opinion on a skills challenge. Arm strength is measured by zip on the ball from a normal delivery without forward momentum. When you watch Young and Croyle throw the same patterns, Young's throws have more velocity. That's what teams mean when they talk about arm strength, not how far the ball can go when a guy can rainbow it as much as he wants.