1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

One more time, gbn draft excersize

Discussion in 'Carolina Panthers' started by Piper, Apr 20, 2006.

1. magnus

magnus Chump-proof

anywhere I lay my head I'm gonna call my home
    first I'd heard of him that high, but I'm not knocking him.

2. magnus

magnus Chump-proof

27. Lendale White, RB, USC

58. Watkins/Blue - take your pick as usual

88. Alan Zemaitis, CB, Penn State - Tall, instinctive corner. Lacking elite deep speed but good in zone, adequate athleticism for corner. Potential safety.

89. Tony Scheffler, TE, WM

121. Kevin Boothe, OL, Cornell - enough for what we need. I'm really hoping at this point that we don't draft more than one lineman in this draft. Draft a guy every year and you'll probably maintain a good line, but two starts to be too much when you're returning three healthy young linemen and bought another.

155. Matt Bernstein, FB, Wisconsin - ridiculously large fullback and project special teamer

The non-Lendale:

27. Leonard Pope, TE, Georgia

58. Mo Drew, RB, USC

88. Roman Harper, S, Alabama

89. Joe Toledo, OL, Washington - came into evaluations heavier than expected (330 v/s 290's earlier listed) but performed with a very solid 5.11 40 and 32 reps. Former TE with some experience issues, only one full year as a lineman.

121. Will Blackmon, CB, BC - will not go this low

3. Collin

Collin soap and water

Obviously GBN has him that high, otherwise I'd have taken him later, but Kiper recently said that Minnesota is looking at him with one of their two second round picks.

4. T_Schroll

T_Schroll Full Access Member

just for the hell of it I trade 27 & 58 to the Texans for 33,65, & 66, then trade 89 to Denver for 119, 126, & 130

trade values:
    27 & 58 = 1000
    33, 65, & 66 =1005

89 =145
    119,126, & 130 = 144

33 Joseph Addai RB LSU
    65 Pat Watkins FS Florida State
    66 Maurice Stovall WR Notre Dame
    88 Joe Toledo T Washington
    119 Kevin Boothe G Cornell
    121 Will Blackmon CB/KR Boston College
    126 David Thomas TE Texas
    130 Brodie Croyle QB Alabama
    155 James Wyche DE Sryacuse

5. McFly41

McFly41 Work Hard...PLAY HARDER!

Kiper is a turd, he pulled a name out of a hat. Saw he visited Minnesota and now Clemens is the flavor of the week. He'll be throwing someone else three rounds too high next week.
    That said, Clemens does have the skills...but no one has seen anything of him since the injury. Hasn't played in a while and needs to get in game shape. OK, I'll conceed that the Vikings MIGHT look at him in the 3rd which isn't a bad spot to look at a project QB, but they need an impact player in the second.

6. Collin

Collin soap and water

Dude, I think you're gravely mistaken about his probable draft slot. He's the 4th rated QB on many teams' boards and while I agree that the third is his most likely destination, it wouldn't be surprising or unreasonable for someone to take him in the second. Personally I'd take him ahead of Cutler or even Young.

7. magnus

magnus Chump-proof

Hmm

33 Addai
    65 Watkins
    66 Jon Scott
    88 Scheffler
    119 Blackmon
    121 Boothe
    126 David Thomas
    130 Dumervil?

or 65 scott,
    66 Minter
    88 Harper

that's honestly too many picks - but if you took their 2003 ideas and traded up with two 4s to get to #3, you'd probably not get all the way there - just to 100. And there's nobody I have to have there more than at 119. Both with the 65-66 and with the 119-121-126-130 it's hard to come up with a bunch of guys to take. And honestly we don't have that many holes. The 65-66 does work if you drop Stovall for a lineman, which I think Scott is versatile to play G, but you have the room to pick a guard in 4 or 5 without the second trade. I like the Addai + an extra 3, but the second trade is probably too much trading.

8. T_Schroll

T_Schroll Full Access Member

Scott at 66 did cross my mind. but given Colbert's regression last year, Carter's injury history, Hankton being primarily ST, and no Proehl I favored WR there.

9. McFly41

McFly41 Work Hard...PLAY HARDER!

I'd take him ahead of Young, but not Cutler, personally. But I have both rated much higher due to the injury. Considering where the Vikings are at QB right now, he would be a good pick. They have an established vet who still seems to have something left and appears to have been a good influence on younger QB's in previous years. ANy team with an established QB might bite on a guy like Clemmons, I am just saying I woldn't pull the trigger that early.
    He's a pick with a moderate risk factor, some will rate him high...others won't.

10. rake

rake Need one of these

I think too many here are giving up too soon on Colbert. Couldn't he just have had a Sophomore slump? I think we are going to be in great shape with the guys on the roster at WR right now . . . Proehl or no Proehl. Wide outs are a excessively competitive bunch and I would be surprised if our other receivers do not get caught up and become part of the contest on the field that Smitty and Meshawn are kindling.:satana: