1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

One more time, gbn draft excersize

Discussion in 'Carolina Panthers' started by Piper, Apr 20, 2006.

1. Piper

Piper phishin member

http://www.gbnreport.com/2006top100.html

As the values get set, and our needs fill up, we can do this again.

27- LenDale White RB 6-1, 235 Southern California

So be it.

58- Pat Watkins FS 6-4, 205 Florida State

I know Lar isn't thrilled with him, and he's seen him more, but he sure seems like a ball hawk and isn't afraid to get a little dirty.

89- Tony Scheffler TE 6-5, 250 Western Michigan

Give us a reason to get rid of Seidman. Like we need one.

121- Will Blackmon CB 6-0, 200 Boston College

Can return, gun, even play a little reciever in a pinch. Plus he's strong and can tackle.

155- Jahri Evans OG 6-4, 340 Bloomsburg State

Big, strong guard to develop.

2. Wp28

Wp28 I had that dream again...

I trade down in round 1 about 5 spots and select Darnell Bing

I take the forth I got for trading down in round one and package it with our second to move up a few spots to grab the TE Fasano

89 Charlie Whitehurst

121 Kevin Boothe

155 Mike Bell or Cedric Humes

3. magnus

magnus Chump-proof

anywhere I lay my head I'm gonna call my home
    27. LenDale White, RB, USC - best option. Unless Rucker gets shot in the knee in the next eight days, then Kiwanuka.

58. Greg Blue, S, UGA - It seems almost trite to draft "the next Thomas Davis" a year after drafting the last Thomas Davis. But he fits, and he's a guy I like more than Watkins. Plus, I believe the team wants a guy like this more than another little guy, and the team does have Branch as that alternative anyway. Like Davis, Blue hasn't played a ton of balls, but hits like a ton, and might have a little more range. If it comes down to two guys who make their assignments, who have range, and one has a little more speed and doesn't seem to tackle well, or a guy who's a TE matchup and hits like a truck, I take the truck.
    Colledge and Byrd are tempting, and I know they like Whitworth (who's an awful fit). Drew woulda been good here, if not for White. The more ideal pick would've been Bullocks, I guess.

89. Tony Scheffler, TE, Western Michigan - an upgrade at hands, height, speed, routes, everything but blocking, which is what makes this pick so unlikely. Scheffler can and probably will get stronger, and until then, God forbid we chuck a couple fly patterns at a TE out of playaction. But 17 reps at combine isn't enough, IMO.

Harper would be a very good safety here.

121. Will Blackmon, CB, Boston College - good fit, good returner.

155. James Wyche, DE, Syracuse - with Rasmussen gone, Haye makes sense as the backup LDE, but Wyche is a viable 5th end to keep inactive for a while. 4.63 40 is impressive; 33 inch vertical, 27 reps. Never really produced the way people thought, though.

He doesn't have Wali Lundy listed. I'd enjoy doing a separate thought process having Chicago's 88 pick as well.

4. Wp28

Wp28 I had that dream again...

I'm not high on Blue, and I dig me some Georgia football.

5. Piper

Piper phishin member

I thought about Blue, and yeah he's a physical player. But Watkins isn't exactly shy. He can add some weight and bulk up and keep the speed and range.

6. Black&Blue

Black&Blue NKW

27 - LenDeli White, RB, USC
    Didn't like this idea a week ago, and still uncomfortable with picking him, but it does seem logical at this point.

58 - Daniel Bullocks, S, Nebraska
    I think he would work out well in our scheme, and a good replacement for Minter. A little time as a special teamer, early on, could harden him up.

89 - Rocky MacIntosh, LB, Miami
    Kinda reminds me of Tatupu. Not the most explosive, but a good mind for the game.

121 - Paul McQuistan, T/G, Weber State
    Not great, but good enough. I'll take the depth.

155 - Taurean Henderson, RB, Texas Tech
    Not the best fit here, but a suprisingly physical runner. Would be an upgrade over Robertson as the 4th RB/KR, though I'm not sure if he could handle the return game.

7. magnus

magnus Chump-proof

anywhere I lay my head I'm gonna call my home
    Bullocks wasn't there at 58. Or I woulda picked him

8. Purrsecutioner

Purrsecutioner Full Access Member

27. LenDale White, RB

58. Fred Matua, OG

89. Roman Harper, S

121. Brodie Croyle, QB

155. Tim Day, TE

9. El Bastardo

El Bastardo Who me?

27. LenDale White, RB
    58. Daryn Colledge, OT
    89. Roman Harper, S
    121. Will Blackmon, CB
    155. Tim Day, TE

10. Collin

Collin soap and water

#27: LenDale White
    Can't stand the lazy fat ass, but he's the only one left on the list. I can't even pretend like we'd pass on him if things play like this.

#58: Kellen Clemens
    Fuck it, I just think this guy is going to be dynamite. At worst he's a capable backup, and at best he's a potential starter or a guy who we can trade for a first rounder two years from now.

#89: Roman Harper
    Eh, we need a safety and he sounds reasonably solid.

#121: Will Blackmon
    Makes too much sense given his return abilities and upside. Skyler Green is another consideration as a return man.

#155: T.J. Williams
    Everyone else picked Day, so I figured I'd change it up. Regarding our TEs, I guess if you throw enough crap at the wall, eventually something will stick.

And yeah, Greg Blue sucks donkey balls in coverage, but it's almost worth the blown assignments to see him level a receiver. That dude can hit something fierce.