1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Once and for all...

Discussion in 'Charlotte Hornets' started by HighPoint49er, Dec 10, 2003.

1. vpkozel

vpkozel Professional Calvinballer

Oh, well of course. Carry on. :hatpimp:

You earn a good living as a pimp smiley policeman?

2. NovaNiner

NovaNiner Full Access Member

Make a better living as an actual pimp. (Yeah, you didn't see that one coming.)

3. metro

metro Charlotte49erfootballfan

perfectly said

4. UNCfever

UNCfever Full Access Member

For one that is total bullshit. I lived there for 6 years and went to Jordan high. Sure there are a few as with any area or school.

As for some other post in this, metro you throwing out a 99% guess and that's all it is, is totally stupid as well. Agreed with VP you hate UNC for other reasons than their fans suck or they won't play UNCC, and my guess is because they turned your sorry ass down. Sure we have some asses, but I guess when you applied they had already filled their quota for that year.

And as far as the ABC club, there are a lot of AB clubs, I honestly have had more people around here talk about hating dook than UNC. All of that comes with success, if you are good there will be many that like and many that don't.

Look at sports - Dallas in the past, Lakers, Ali, NYY, dook and so forth.

5. Powerbait

Powerbait Jawbreaker

I don't have a problem with people that went to Chapel Hill or are going.

In fact, my best friend goes to chapel hill and just started a frat (PSI SIGMA PHI) up there.

I get along great with the guys up there, because we all can talk basketball and they all know about Charlotte. Not a one of them disrespects us and I don't disrespect Chapel Hill.

HOWEVER, there are a LOT of people that don't go to (nor have they ever) Chapel Hill or Duke that talk a lot and don't know what they are talking about.

Regardless, those articles sure showed an aversion to playing Charlotte. It's amazing how many excuses Dean Smith had to playing Charlotte.

Dean Smith is a great coach, this situation just reminded me of what Bear Bryant said about Steve Spurrier, "I don't ever want to see that boy on the field again." Or something to that effect, right after the game. Bryant conveinetly found a way out of scheduling Florida until after Spurrier graduated.

Not scared, just avoiding embarassment?

You'd have to be a moron to read those articles and not see that Chapel Hill did everything they could to get out of a promised game. Dean Smith never had to coach a regular season game against Charlotte. You can blame it on the way the articles were written, but that is there wheter you like it or not.

6. vpkozel

vpkozel Professional Calvinballer

Everything? Dean simply wanted to give his boy Buzz a game. If you don't understand how important this is to Dean, then you are just plain ignorant. He did not want to cancel the game, simply postpone it for a year. Please reread the previous sentence until you can comprehend it.

For your nutball theory that Dean did not want to coach a regular season game against UNCC to be true, he would have had to have known that he was retiring the summer before he actually did, which is just plain dumb.

Ignoring the fact that both are ludicrous, in your first post you clearly said he was afraid, now he was just trying to avoid getting embarrased? Make up your freaking mind.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2003
  7. ezy ryder

ezy ryder =o&o>

The ABC thing is very old. N.C. State and Duke has been selling stickers for years that say, "My favorite two schools are N.C. State and whoever is playing Carolina." This Thanksgiving I saw a Raleigh newspaper clipping from 1936 that my grandmother had saved, it said, "Beat Carolina, Beat Carolina, Beat Carolina."
    (also for all you Carolina fans who say State/Carolina isn't a rivalry)

8. metro

metro Charlotte49erfootballfan

OK Mr. USC-Lancaster :rolleyes:

9. UNCfever

UNCfever Full Access Member

Oh that hurt! :rolleyes: but of course I didn't get turned down by UNC!

metroid, if you actually made sense and used facts for most of your thoughts about UNC that would be totally different. But your attitude is more like the kkk and hate crimes!

Keep being the person you are, I say! You really give UNCC a great name.