1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Once and for all...

Discussion in 'Charlotte Hornets' started by HighPoint49er, Dec 10, 2003.

1. metro

metro Charlotte49erfootballfan

VP, you have to admit that most UNCCH alum have an arrogance about them. They feel Chapel Hill is home of God, and they have no respect for any other institution. You seem to buck the trend, but you are the minority. Chapel Hill is a great school, but the brainwashing that happens to good people up there never quits amazing me. You are not Mike from Gastonia, and maybe not the Gucci loafer guy, but most UNCCH fans are one of those 2, whether you like it or not.

2. ezy ryder

ezy ryder =o&o>

You continue to come off as a complete ass when you think you're having a reasonable conversation with someone. It's not Charlotte that they don't respect, it's you.

3. metro

easy glider, suck my balls. I could give a rats ass about your opinion.

4. Powerbait

Powerbait Jawbreaker

You're right, there is not explicit language that says, "Chapel Hill is scared to play Charlotte."

I understand how a Chapel Hill fan could not infer that from those articles.

5. The Brain

The Brain Defiler of Cornflakes

quick question... why reply if you don't care about his opinion?

6. vpkozel

vpkozel Professional Calvinballer

Anyone who can infer that UNC is afraid - your stupid ass words, not mine - to play UNCC from those articles is a raving fucking lunatic. Even Oliver Stone couldn't find that stupid ass theory in those articles.

Like I said, if UNC regularly played a weak schedule I would be inclined to agree with you, but they don't.

Now, get back to your coloring books and make sure to stay between the lines.

7. vpkozel

Are there some like this? A few, but honestly they really are a small percentage. I'll try to give you an analogy, and please don't take this out of context. It's kind of like being American. There are tons of people everywhere who will tell you how arrogant Americans are, but they generally haven't really known any Americans and are just saying that because everyone else says that Americans are obnoxious.

I personally know of zero people who think that Chapel Hill is the hoe of God. Do I think that it is the best college town I have been to? It's right up there. Athens is great, Tuscaloosa is too, and for natural beauty (and good bars), you really can't beat Bozeman, MT and Boulder, CO.

There is no brainwashing. The people who are arrogant stupid ass fuckers were that way when they got there. And trust me, we hate them a hell of a lot more than you do. But I have as much pride in my school as you do in yours. The difference is that I do not feel a need to talk shit about someone else's school to make mine look better.

Seriously, have you ever been to Chapel Hill? Been out on Franklin Street?

8. metro

question, why is there an ABC club? There is a huge amount of folks who hate UNCCH for a reason. State doesn't get that animosity, nor Duke. UNC fans are so arrogant that a catch phrase was actually created to root against them (ABC). Nobody hates the Duke fans or State fans. Why is it that so many Heels fans are hated? Don't say because of success, State and Duke have had equal success as UNC on the court.

I don't put down UNC to make Charlotte look better, I have a million times said UNC is an overall better universtiy on this board. I put down UNC because of the idiocy of their general fan base, and the fact they won't accept the challenge to play Charlotte in hoops every year.

And yes I've been to Franklin St. and partied several times and had some fun and I wish Charlotte had a similar venue, I never debated that.

9. vpkozel

Neither Dook nor State have had the same sustained success that UNC had from the late 60's to the late 90's. That is basically a generation and a half. Why is there an ABC club? Many reasons. Like I said, it is kind of like being American - people just want the guy on top to fail. The one constant to all the rivalries through those periods was that UNC was involved, and that made it easy to pull for someone to knock off the Heels. Kinda like the way that I pull against Tiger - I am just sick of seeing him win all the time.

You put down UNC all the time. Brainwashing, how happy you are you didn't go there because everyone is an asshole, only wal-mart and snobs as fans, etc. I can find the quotes if you like. And as for their failure to play UNCC, I can understand that you would like that - it is just not the priority for UNC that it is for UNCC.

10. metro

ABC is a new term, it isn't from the 50's. State won a natl title in the 70's and 80's and Duke has dominated the last 15 years. I would say its UNC is better by a hair the last 50 years overall, but you still have to understand that your fanbase is hated by alot of folks, and its not due to wanting to see the top fail :rolleyes: . It is because of the attitude of a consensus of UNC fans. Again, UNC is hated far more than Duke or State and all three have about the exact same success.

as for me not going to UNC, you don't know how many times I have told my folks or wife how happy I am that I didn't got to UNC. as for finding my quotes, feel free, I stand by them. 99% of UNC fans are either A) Wal Mart Mike from Gastonias or B) Gavin and Buffy from Charlotte Latin going to wine tasting events on weekends.