1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Oilers-Hurricanes-game 2

Discussion in 'SportsTalk' started by solarte1969, Jun 7, 2006.

1. aitchp

aitchp Dharmiac

oh, i think the canes could drop saturday's game and still take the cup. I think they will ultimately. In my mind its how many games it will go...

2. sockittome16

sockittome16 Full Access Member

Least talked about Stanley Cup Finals ever...and it's gonna get covered up by the World Cup and NBA Finals to boot

3. gridfaniker

gridfaniker Loathsome

look at it this way. Up until about a couple weeks ago, this forum was dead. Four, maybe five people gave a rat's ass about the Hurricanes and hockey in general. Now, POOF! the "diehards" are coming out of the woodwork.

4. solarte1969

solarte1969 ....

hopefully this series will be OVER before the NBA finals get good, and the WOrld Cup is played over the course of a month....I ain't worried.

If no one is watching it, its their loss. they are missing out on the best hockey since the 80's...up and down, high octane, skating, passing...its been great to watch.

5. Village Idiot

Village Idiot cloud of dust

bfd

are they gonna put an asterisk by their name on the cup? a title is a title and the ones that are gonna enjoy it are gonna enjoy it, regardless of how trivial it may seem to the haters.

6. Village Idiot

Village Idiot cloud of dust

zackly.

we all started somewhere, might as well climb on the band wagon while its in the neighborhood.

scooch on over will ya?

7. PantherPaul

PantherPaul Nap Enthusiasts

I heard game one got out watched by womens softball. No lie

8. Cattrax

Cattrax Senior Member

I like football, pro and college. I like Hockey, Nascar and I like a little Braves baseball. Fell out with pro basketball shortly after the Hornets and Milwaukee playoffs a while back. I enjoy the America's Cup and have been known to stay up all night watching. I cannot and will not give a rat's ass about the World Cup. Soccer is not football and the NFL should sue anyone that uses the word to describe soccer.

PS
    I have no problem with kids playing soccer. I think it is a great game for 5 year olds.

Edit: Canes, Please note I said nothing about Hockey nor Hockey fans. When the World Cup begins I will not post anything in the Soccer forum. I am not to be banned.
    :satana:

Last edited: Jun 8, 2006
  9. sds70

sds70 'King Kong Ain't Got **** On Me!!!!!'

Canes 5, Oilers 0

[​IMG]

I got home in time to see the last part of the 2nd period and all of the 3rd. Can we expect to see some thuggish attitude from the Oilers in Game 3 :confused: ? ? ? I think this is their only home of slowing the Canes down is to get more physical with them. But hey, this could result in more PP opportunities for us and thus more goals :) !!!!! Are the Canes getting close to getting the Oilers back into a corner with the way they need to play against Carolina to get back into the series :confused: ? ?

Canes blank Oilers to take 2-0 series lead . . . WOOOoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo :banana: :banana: !!!!!

10. aitchp

aitchp Dharmiac

we have a soccer forum? :wtf23: