1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Observer's agenda

Discussion in 'Carolina Panthers' started by Abusive, Apr 6, 2011.

1. BUCKO

BUCKO Full Access Member

If I had to hazard a guess, I'd say he was given his blog specifically to "interact" with his readers. Given his personality, I'd say that part of that "interaction" would include bitch slapping his readers. In fairness to him, I don't think he thinks of it as bitch slapping them, but rather engaging in a "i'm more clever and witty than you" type of back and forth.

I don't necessarily agree with doing it, but at the same time I think it's a little much to expect that strict journalistic standards should apply to twitter accounts and blogs.

2. Collin

Collin soap and water

That is both hilarious and deliciously appropriate. Gantt is ideally suited to be King of the Morons over there. Holy shit, that made my night.

Stop fucking saying that, already. Gantt is horrible and always has been. If any Panthers beat writer deserves even a modicum of respect, it's Reed. Gantt is a fucking joke. The clown couldn't talk football with a sixth grader, and he has the writing proficiency of a well-trained chimp. At least Sorensen and Fowler know that they're hacks, but Gantt is so blissfully stupid that he's blind to his own laughable inadequacy.

3. Abusive

Abusive Fuck yo blanket

Gantt. Gantt. GanTT!

DG: I appreciate his ability to get information out quickly (and not via-Tweets). He's usually accurate, re: hard news (FA visits, draftee visits, coaching search). His style of reporting, as I said, lacks depth. He knows he has 12 inches (NO PUN INTENDED, ASSHOLES) to fill, and to get that done, he needs quotes. Fox recycled quotes. You could sense Gantt's frustration not only by his blog and Tweets, but even in a simple game recap. That's where I probably would not enjoy working with him, or as his editor. Too much of a fucking maverick, when all you're paid to do is understand everything you can about the art AND science of football, and report news.

I have no issue with a beat writer using twitter. Bitch-slapping, conversing. Whatever it's called, it's in poor taste for a reporter (not columnist) to cry like a 3rd grader in the preamble to his mock draft article.

But, he found a safe haven at some other message board. Me? I'd come here, because...well...this board is smarter on the whole, and I really don't care if someone doesn't like me. Debate is good, and sometimes, a little passion behind the debate is even better.

I do feel a little shitty about the Moose thing, but not to the point where I'm going to kiss someone's ass in an effort to bury the hatchet. He handled his end of it with about the same lack of class as the initial joke itself.

Brian Billick? Thoughts?

4. Brian Billick

Brian Billick Banned From TBR