1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

NOOOOOOOOOOOO, Its Vinny...

Discussion in 'Carolina Panthers' started by Ipimpcrazydave, Oct 10, 2007.

1. chipshotx

chipshotx Full Access Member

That's becuase you are a dumbass.

kidding

2. y2b

y2b King of QC

you have no idea how hard i'm going to get busted on in my neighborhood...

fucking vinny on our team is just too embarrassing, i might have to park in the back yard behind the fence and not even go outside

i think i'm going to puke if actually takes a snap

3. chipshotx

chipshotx Full Access Member

Where the hell do you live?

Why would it be funnier than having Weinke playing and being so awful that the RB gets more snaps than the QB?

4. magnus

magnus Chump-proof

anywhere I lay my head I'm gonna call my home
    most likely in some whitebread culdesac where there's one or two pats or jets fans

I doubt it registers as mildly interesting

5. Sackem90

Sackem90 Misplaced Panthers Fan

You know what's so funny? Go to the charlotte.com/panthers front page and look at the pics of Vinnie T. on the left and Fox on the right (in that picture that makes him look like a 'tard from the NO game). It looks like Fox is either really, really happy that we signed VT or he looks really, really upset that we signed him.

6. SilverSurfer

SilverSurfer Son of Anarchy

What if he throws a TD pass?

7. presidence99

presidence99 es lo que hay.

8. y2b

y2b King of QC

for which team?

9. Collin

Collin soap and water

This whole "Carr's familiarity with the offense" became part of the discussion because I pointed out to monstercat that the play-calling against New Orleans sucked balls, and he said that Carr had the option to audible and therefore it was his fault. Considering that you jumped in on the "Carr should know the offense" bandwagon right then, I assumed that you were backing up monstercat's position that it's Carr's fault we ran so few passes against the Saints. If you aren't, that's good, but then I have no idea why you're commenting about Carr and his familiarity with the offense.

As I stated in that other thread, we ran 60% of the time, and seven different times we ran consecutively on first and second downs. This despite the fact that we sucked at running the ball (NO's run defense is pretty solid) and that we had early success the times when we did pass on first and second down. Plus there were some WTF? moments in terms of us passing with our third string QB on 3rd and 2, and running a screen pass with Carr on 3rd and 7. Davidson had an awful game against New Orleans.

10. magnus

magnus Chump-proof

anywhere I lay my head I'm gonna call my home
    I don't remember audibles, but there's no reason he shouldn't have them. It's possible that the team took away some stuff to keep things simple, but I don't know if they did or didn't, and I don't know why they'd need to. I do believe that he should know the offense. if we ran too much because we felt it was the best option, if we ran because we didn't trust Carr, if we ran too much because we didn't want to put in signs of panic, whatever it was, I don't know why, but I'd like to think Carr should know everything he should need to know. Getting reps with starting receivers will hopefully make things a bit better, but regardless of why, I wasn't happy with the offense overall and that does partially fall on Davidson. A team that has a starting corner missing, and the rest blow, but we don't spread much? It's bizarre. We need more production and I have no idea how we did well on 3rd down if we were said not to have converted one in the first half (we finished at 45%, which surprised the shit out of me, and got a couple of those running).

If he can put up more production with more attempts, that's great. That's what I want. That and not being a spazz. I agree with the idea that he should have everything he needs. Whether that's what caused any problems or team limitations I wouldn't even want to say.