1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

NOOOOOOO JAKE is out for the Season

Discussion in 'Carolina Panthers' started by Dukesuckgounc, Oct 8, 2007.

1. meatpile

meatpile 7-9

Put Matt Moore in at center, guard, and tackle.

SOLVED.

2. stratocatter

stratocatter Full Access Member

Run blocking is gonna stay tough until Carr demonstrates that people are gonna pay if they load up for the run.

3. Collin

Collin soap and water

No, it hasn't been a matter of teams putting eight in the box because they haven't needed to.

4. sockittome16

sockittome16 Full Access Member

Matt Moore is a rookie QB. He is the guy from Oregon State right? He had great pro credentials and I remember someone on the panel at the draft (maybe Kiper) just being mystified that he wasn't picked up. With that said. He's a rookie. Most coaches don't want Qb's who were first round draft picks to play in the rookie year.

5. Collin

Collin soap and water

I think the point is that with Jake on IR, a roster spot opens up. So we'd still have Carr, Moore, and the new guy. Then next year Moore and Basanez could compete for the third QB job if Jake is able to make it back.

6. UNCfever

UNCfever Full Access Member

I am with Silver and even Collin on this one. I think Carr if healthy is the best option at this point. I would rather give him more than a game or two in real action to make a decision.

He did have some very nice positives in the last game in my book. Now he knows he is the starter and doesn't have to worry about just playing a game or two waiting for Jake to come back. This in itself will give him a different perspective on things and hopefully will get better and better as he gets more live game experience in the system. Hell, Carr is probably still gunshy in live game action from all the sacks he had in Houston.

With that said, we do need to find the best avialable option to fill the roster spot for the price.

7. magnus

magnus Chump-proof

anywhere I lay my head I'm gonna call my home
    I don't see how any of this should actually affect his play.

8. UNCfever

And I think it possibly could, not the sack part, was more of just kidding on that one.

Just saying I think preperation is normally different if you are the starter vs. a scrub on the sidelines each week.

9. UNCfever

From ESPN:

Carolina's other quarterback options are limited. It could explore the possibility of trying to trade a late-round pick for Browns backup Ken Dorsey, who is familiar with Panthers offensive coordinator Jeff Davidson’s offense. Maybe it could look at Jets backup Marques Tuiasosopo, whom the Panthers expressed interest in during the off-season.

"Those are discussions that we have not yet had," Fox said Monday morning, shortly after learning about Delhomme. "We obviously know we’re going to be doing something, but what that something is has not been hashed out yet."

10. Collin

Collin soap and water

I don't know about the psychological aspect, but certainly Jake has been getting most of the reps in practice until his injury. It wouldn't be outlandish to expect that Carr continues to improve.