1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Non-Panthers thread

Discussion in 'Carolina Panthers' started by The Batman, Aug 10, 2011.

1. The Batman

The Batman Full Access Member

What interests you for the 2011 season, outside of Carolina? Who do you think will be good? Who will flop? Who will surprise us, etc...

2. stratocatter

stratocatter Full Access Member

Denver has my attention right now because of Fox. He dodged a big one when the Orton trade blew up, would have loved watchinng him eventually blow a gasket if he had to start Tebow this year. As it is, the fans are not happy about it at all.

3. Thelt

Thelt Full Access Member

I bet Fox wanted to keep and start Orton all along. He has always liked veteran QBs. I bet they end up having a good year. They have some stuff to work with on offense and he will have the defense playing a lot better than it did last year.

I am interested in seeing how the Steelers rebound from losing the super bowl, whether Green Bay can maintain its level of play (which was up and down all year last year until the playoffs hit), how good the eagles are going to be with all their additions, whether any of the teams in the NFC west will be any good...

4. Collin

Collin soap and water

It's mind-boggling how people overlook that:

A) The Broncos went 3-10 last season with Orton,
    and
    B) Tim Tebow accounted for 850 yards and 7 touchdowns over the final three games of the season.

5. Foxman

Foxman Don't read th

I am interested to see if my Chiefs will continue to rise like up and commers or crumble under the weight of hype and expectations. They have done next to zip outside of re-doing Tamba Halli as far as I know.

I am interested to watch the annual dumpster fire that is the Oaklawn Raideretts.

I am interested in Seeing if Phili really is all that or if their lack of Chemistry causes underachievement.

I am always interested in watching the development of some of the young guns around the league like Stafford, Bradford & Sanchez not to mention the new crop of 1st rounders coming in.

And of course anytime the New England Patriots can loose it is fun to watch and listen to all the discussion by the media about the how and why it happened.

6. Collin

Collin soap and water

KC signed Steve Breaston and Kelly Gregg.

7. Thelt

Thelt Full Access Member

The offense was not the problem last year in Denver.

8. PantherPaul

PantherPaul Nap Enthusiasts

yet he is being out played by Brady Quinn in camp

9. Collin

Collin soap and water

True, but then why do you pretend that keeping Orton is so important?

I thought Jeff Lewis would be a pretty good quarterback because he looked impressive in practice.

10. stratocatter

stratocatter Full Access Member

I'm on dialup at mom's house today, so no links.

I've been influenced by the reports that the locker room might revolt if Fox runs Tebow out there as the starter. Marshall made some comments I think. What I'm getting out of it is maybe the players don't blame Orton for that record. There were also some Elway comments to the effect that he's not ready to be a pocket passer, the lockout hurt his development, IIRC.

Then you just know if Fox has a say, he wants a vet even if it's an average vet.