1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Nickelberry gone

Discussion in 'Charlotte Hornets' started by UNCCTF, Jun 30, 2003.

1. UNCCTF

UNCCTF RIP Danielle

Metro, I heard from an insider that Nickelberry was "an arrogant asshole." He's the one coach that won't say hi when you pass him on campus.

2. Charlotte2002

Charlotte2002 Full Access Member

I had met him on a few occasions when I was in school and played some pick up games with him and others. Seemed like a nice, competitive guy. I got along with him pretty well during those times. I had heard though that he wasn't much of an X and O guy, but a hell of a recruiter.

Since this isn't a rah-rah board I guess I can state this opinion...There could be more to all of this, that being coaches' egos. Like it or not many coaches have them, and I have heard that Peterson and Lutz had issues, mainly from their egos. Money is probably another issue, but we have lost coaches to some real small towns, not the kind of places most people with money want to live. (Tuscaloosa, Alabama, Clemson, South Carolina and Columbia, Missouri)...Or maybe I'm just a city boy Yankee who could never imagine living in places like those.

3. uncc86

uncc86 Full Access Member

after thinking about this overnight and reading some comments about Coach Nick's personality, we may be "in some respects" happy to have him leave.

However, the recurring theme (Odom, Early, Nickelberry) of assistants leaving has got to, IMO, have the Head Coach wondering if he's stuck in the Twilight Zone.

How many assistants will leave before the school gets the idea to VALUE their program's supporting staffs ??

I just hope the Coach Lutz hasn't run out of loyalty because the school (especially with the currrent state of the conference) has got to be testing the depth of his support.

4. MikeNinerHunt

MikeNinerHunt Fast white guy

Now that he is gone, who has he brought in besides ITi? Badsen, who was released by UMASS? NOt trying to falsify your story 2002, but I've also heard other people say that Nick would quit in the middle of a pick up game if everybody said the foul he called was bullshit.

NIck was decent. Crean was Tom Izzo's main recruiter at Michigan St. in the late nineties, now that's losing a recruiter.

5. Charlotte2002

Charlotte2002 Full Access Member

Now that I think about it you might be right, but that was in pick up games on the upper courts, I noticed him get somewhat testy on those courts, but who doesn't with some of the people who think they are all worl that play up there.

The times I played with him there were on the main court with players on the team and team managers playing and he seemed like a nice guy.

6. barry49s

barry49s Ain’t good for nothing

Wow metro that's a pretty strong post. I never heard any of that stuff, very interesting.

Assistants will continue to come and go at our school and there is not much we can do about it. Pay the head coach or pay the assistants. We chose to pay the head coach.

7. BleednGreen

BleednGreen Junior Member

Who is Peterson? or is this a typo?:confused:

8. metro

metro Charlotte49erfootballfan

I stand by my racial slur comment barry. the term "whitey" is in his vocabulary, and it has caused problems, but Lutz was in a tough position with Iti coming in.

9. MikeNinerHunt

MikeNinerHunt Fast white guy

That muchkin with a bad attitude from the 2002 season. He came to where I work looking for business donations to the athletic department, and was a really rude asshole. I can't imagine he raised a dime he was such a **********. Thank God he left.

10. BleednGreen

BleednGreen Junior Member

Ahh, how could I forget the leprechaun and that teal green coat?