1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Nickelberry gone

Discussion in 'Charlotte Hornets' started by UNCCTF, Jun 30, 2003.

1. UNCCTF

UNCCTF RIP Danielle

Bad news, folks... Coach Nick has taken a lateral move, being brought on as an assistant coach at Clemson. Details to follow.

2. HighPoint49er

HighPoint49er Full Access Member

Well freakin' wonderful! There goes the Northeast connection. I do wish him the best but other than saying it's the ACC, I would hardly call that even a lateral move. But we'll find out IF he really is the recruiter there. Of course, they won't bring up the rear, Seth and Co. will take care of that.

3. 49erpi

49erpi Full Access Member

Not really when you consider that Clemson will pay him up to twice what he was making here. Coach Early left here because Bama about doubled his salary. Cant blame them.

This is a disturbing trend that will continue.

All of you crying about a football team should take a hard look at this problem and realize that we cannot even properly fund our basketball program yet. This school is a long way from ever considering funding any type of football program.

4. UNCCTF

UNCCTF RIP Danielle

Well, by "lateral move" I meant that he would be doing basically the same job.

I am hereby founding the "Hire Henry Williams Movement." Who agrees?

5. NinerAl

NinerAl Full Access Member

NormanNiner is contacted by Lutz...

after last year's performance as asst. he is asked to step up large. :D

6. uncc86

uncc86 Full Access Member

THIS SUCKS

I know, I know....I should be respectful of someone associated with my Alma Mater who is simply looking to improve his lot in life.

The problem with that logic is that implies I should be a fair weather fan of the 49ers..........and just move on to whatever team is playing good basketball.

Since I refuse to do that.......I'm back to my original point.

THIS SUCKS.

I relied on word of mouth thru friends and a midwestern newspaper for most of my hoops info during the H. Williams era so most of what I know about Henry is performance (stats) based.

Answer me this anyone......please. What kind of recruiting connections does he have? We've got plenty of people who know the game in the locker room. What we need are people who can attract valuable contributors to the program.

Henry (may/may not) be able to do that. I'm just looking for proof.

Ironic that I hear about this on the day that I verify that my 49er Club contribution was received.

PS-- THIS STILL SUCKS and I'm not happy.

7. uncc86

uncc86 Full Access Member

Re: Re: Nickelberry gone

nothing to add here...............but I just think PI's point is worth repeating.........so I did...:smiley2:

8. UNCCTF

UNCCTF RIP Danielle

I've only been a die-hard Niners fan for about three years now, but how many times has this happened before. I know about Lane Odom and Orlando Early. Did it also happen prior to those departures?

9. metro

metro Charlotte49erfootballfan

lets be honest about Nickleberry now that he is not a 49er anymore. I have heard that he is lousy at practice, and he only cares about the kids he brought in. He has even made some racial slurs at the white guys. He is a good recruiter, no doubt, but some of the things I have heard about the way he treats certain people is horrific, and has no place in college hoops. I think Bobby was willing to put up with his shit because he got Iti here.

10. HighPoint49er

HighPoint49er Full Access Member

Actually no. The Jeff Mullins era remained constant pretty much. Assistants were Watkins, Kevin Billerman and Dave Pendergraft. Dave did most of the recruiting. He left to go with Billy Tubbs at TCU and then left there to become an NBA scout before coaching there and is at an NBA team in the west I believe. Billerman moved to Florida Atlantic and never turned that program around. Bobby came in as an assistant for Mullins' last season.

It's simply a fact of life these days. Coaches (head and assistant) move regularly. They are padding the resume and hosetly are getting different theories of basketball coaching. I have to wonder if that philospohy is the best though, Dean kep his staff pretty much intact for years and Coach K has been a "Duke connection" staff for many years and they had success, I suppose it's the stability there.

Best of luck to Kevin though. He's going to have fun driving to the Atlanta and Greenville-Spartanburg airports.